The FT has an uncompromising mission: delivering independent, quality information, news and services to individuals and companies around the globe. It’s the cornerstone of our reputation and the heart of our ambitions for the future. But for our people, the FT offers so much more than what we do. FT people come from all kinds of backgrounds and work across a huge range of disciplines and locations, and find an empowering, warm and welcoming culture that values curiosity and rewards smart, ambitious thinking. Those who are willing to unite around our mission and live our values will find plenty to challenge, inspire and interest them. Like the audiences we serve, no two FT people are the same; but together we help our audience be better informed and understand the world around them. It’s a job that’s never mattered more, and a career that can take you anywhere you want to go.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
The Role / Position Overview
The Promotions Strategy Manager is a key role within the recently formed Price & Propositions team at the FT. Reporting to the Head of Pricing & Proposition, the Promotions Strategy Manager will be responsible for defining the B2C discount strategy across our consumer subscription products to maximise Life Time Value. The role will work closely across the acquisition and retention marketing teams to ensure we have effective frameworks in place based on robust promotional performance evaluation and insights.
- Own and evolve the commercial offer playbooks and discounting frameworks based on analytical insight to ensure we effectively deploy price discounting to meet commercial objectives
- Develop internal analytics capabilities to understand discount performance and opportunities across regions, customer segment, product type etc.
- Drive and develop our performance evaluation methodology and toolkit to ensure we are continuously optimising our approach to discounting to adapt in a competitive and changing market
- Manage the internal cross-functional discount campaign planning process to ensure insight and strategic principles are incorporated into planning decisions
- Act as an internal knowledge specialist and contact to provide subject matter expertise where needed across commercial functions
- Collaborate with financial business partners to model proposals from the business, providing robust analysis to evaluate the financial impact and make a commercial recommendations
- Work collaboratively with marketing colleagues to ensure a streamlined experience throughout reader lifecycle and career stage
Key stakeholder relationships:
- Performance Marketing Team
- Regional Marketing Managers
- Marketing Operations Manager
- Insight and Analytics
Required Skills / Experience
- Strong commercial excellence experience developed in internal pricing / promotion / commercial strategy team or in strategy consultant role
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of pricing and promotion theory with experience in practical application to drive commercial performance
- Experience in developing performance evaluation methodologies and toolkits
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, ability to break down complex problems, define an approach to solving them
- Strong commercial acumen, communication skills with experience working with stakeholders across commercial and financial functions
- Excellent modelling ability demonstrated by advanced Excel and Google Sheets skills (e.g. pivot tables, VBA macros, complex formulas etc)
- Ability to prioritise workload and work autonomously
What’s in it for you? Our Benefits
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working (including working from home), medical cover, enhanced maternity & paternity packages, subsidised gym memberships and Giving Back opportunities. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
The FT is committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our team will be happy to help.