2023 Advertising Sales Summer Intern
Reporting into the Account Director, the Advertising Sales Summer Intern will be responsible for providing comprehensive sales planning for key advertising clients and media agencies across the US. The Sales team generates in excess of $30 million in revenue, and provides advertising solutions across all platforms of the FT portfolio.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Account Management: Plan campaign schedules and preparation of client campaign proposals. Manage campaign and client relationship
- Prospecting clients: Tear-sheet competitor publications both in print and digital. Identify & contact new business leads and target brands to make initial introduction of FT’s proposition & set up meetings
- Master the FT digital and print product portfolio
- Thoroughly understand editorial mission and readership profile
- Manage client e-mailings, mailings and other communications
- Troubleshoot creative, performance and billing issues as they arise
- Campaign Management: Work closely with digital ad ops team to monitor results and optimize campaigns. Collate screenshots for new campaign launches
- Work closely with research team to provide proactive data to clients and create sales narratives for new business
- This is a client-facing role, therefore communication, professionalism, and strong written and verbal skills are required
- Extremely strong work ethic and drive
- Ability to communicate with high-level marketing and advertising clients in a professional setting ad well as internal partners
- Strong Microsoft excel & PowerPoint skills
- Confidence and personality which will build strong relationships
- A strong interest in media, both digital and print
- A four-year college degree with demonstrated work ethic and successful teamwork
- 1 to 2 years of business experience, with media agency or publisher experience preferred
- An interest in and basic understanding of global economics, finance and world issues
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced team environment and ability to multi-task
A reasonable estimate of the salary range for this role is $15/hr. To ensure pay fairness, the successful candidate will be offered a salary within the estimated salary range based on a number of considerations including but not limited to: skill set; experience and training; certifications; and other business and organisational needs. The disclosed range estimate is for our NYC office and has not been adjusted for other locations
Candidates should be aware that new employees will be required to be vaccinated by their start date, meaning they have received all of the recommended doses for either a one dose or two dose COVID-19 vaccine, and provide proof of vaccination status (e.g. CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card) , which will be kept confidential. We are an equal opportunity employer, and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely-held religious belief or a medical disability where it does not pose an undue hardship on the Company.
At the FT, we know our most valuable resources are our people and we embrace our employees’ unique skills, experiences, and perspectives. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer that seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. We aim to treat all employees in a fair and consistent manner, promote good working relationships to encourage high standards of conduct and performance within a work environment free from harassment, bullying, and discrimination. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.