The FT has an uncompromising mission: delivering independent, quality information, news and services to individuals and companies around the globe. It’s the cornerstone of our reputation and the heart of our ambitions for the future. But for our people, the FT offers so much more than what we do. FT people come from all kinds of backgrounds and work across a huge range of disciplines and locations, and find an empowering, warm and welcoming culture that values curiosity and rewards smart, ambitious thinking. Those who are willing to unite around our mission and live our values will find plenty to challenge, inspire and interest them. Like the audiences we serve, no two FT people are the same; but together we help our audience be better informed and understand the world around them. It’s a job that’s never mattered more, and a career that can take you anywhere you want to go.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
The Role / Position Overview
FTAdviser is the award-winning source of news and opinion for the financial intermediary market covering investments, mortgages, pensions, insurance, regulation and other key issues.
The Senior Reporter will take charge of patches on the newsdesk, writing stories and exclusives designed to get to the heart of, and help FTA become the voice of, the issues that matter to advisers.
They will write incisive analysis of the trends shaping the advice industry; use multimedia tools to drive engagement and explore topics in detail and differentiate FTA from its competitors; and participate in related webinars and other events.
- Establish themselves on their patch, writing relevant exclusives, breaking news, podcasts and analysis. Where relevant, they will work with other members of the editorial team to bring in-depth ideas to fruition
- In line with the above, strive to engage various segments of the intermediary market: eg, insurance brokers; platforms, tax planners; tech-savvy advisers and fintech specialists.
- Alongside the multi-media editor and news editor, use their contacts and story ideas to help enhance the an adviser community that centres on FTAdviser.com
- Take part in multiple FTAdviser events throughout the year, and ensure coverage of these extends beyond the occasions themselves
- Help develop ways to extend the reach and scope of FTA’s news output, in collaboration with the news editor.
Required Skills / Experience
- Track record of producing high-quality journalism
- Good knowledge of the UK financial adviser market
- Keen eye for detail and legal knowledge relating to journalism
- An ability to investigate stories of interest to the readers
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently so they are able to keep working on exclusives while being flexible enough to jump onto breaking news
- Excellent communication skills with internal colleagues, external partners and readers, to enhance the brand across social media and at events and conferences.
What’s in it for you? Our Benefits
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working (including working from home), medical cover, enhanced maternity & paternity packages, subsidised gym memberships and Giving Back opportunities. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
The FT is committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We have implemented a hybrid working model and we also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, email@example.com and a member of our team will be happy to help.