Headspring is a joint venture co-owned by the Financial Times Group and IE Business School. The business was launched in 2015 in response to growing calls for more flexible, practical, relevant, and timely corporate education. We connect the academic excellence of IE Business School with real-world insights from award-winning Financial Times journalists and global business practitioners.
We believe that every business has the potential to make the world a better place. Therefore, we help organisations leverage the power of their people to create a positive economic, social, and environmental impact. Working with the world’s leading experts, we partner with our clients to co-create transformative learning experiences that empower their leaders to make responsible decisions to achieve better outcomes for all stakeholders. We work in a flexible and agile way with our colleagues without forgetting our core values and passion for adult learning. We serve clients globally, with offices in London and Madrid, and team members in France, Germany, and the UAE.
Responsible for creating new partnerships with organisations, developing long-lasting relationships that will continue to contribute to the client’s strategic goals. They will be up to speed with the latest market trends proactively contributing towards new solutions. The Business Development Director has a consultative approach with all stakeholders (internal and external) and will be a persuasive relationship builder with excellent communication and negotiation skills who presents compelling value propositions to C-level and senior management audiences.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing the full sales cycle: research the prospects in collaboration with the Marketing department and build a new business pipeline with multiple client touchpoints ensuring the creation of a long and sustainable relationship in order to develop new opportunities and win new business.
- Listen carefully and effectively diagnose and process complex customer needs in order to deliver compelling proposals for custom programmes, that enables the creation of a long and sustainable partnership.
- This role is primarily focused on attracting and converting new profitable and sustainable clients.
- Operate as the point of contact for assigned customers from a sales and commercial perspective.
- Master and have deep knowledge of the target markets, including industry, company, project, company contacts and which market strategies can be used to attract clients.
- The BD Director actively participates in the latest industry developments and stays up-to-date on corporate competitors.
- Ambassadorial role to enhance the organization’s reputation across the region with leads, media, industry participants and competitors.
- The BD Director actively works in partnership with the L&I and Customer Experience teams in the proposal design, ensuring that all the opportunities identified in the diagnosis are reflected in the proposal.
- The BD Director is responsible for the full cycle client relationship, from the first contact in collaboration with the Marketing & Comms department, during the design in partnership with the L&I team, through delivery with the Customer Experience team and post-programme follow-up with the Finance department.
Education and Training: BA/BS Degree, MBA preferred.
Knowledge & Experience
- 10+ years of proven sales experience in professional service sectors.
- Account Management experience.
- Client-focused solutions experience.
- Project Management skills.
- Experience in executive education desired.
- Be familiar with challenger/consultative sales approach.
- Salesforce CRM knowledge
- Fluent in English. Spanish and any other language will be valued.
- Up to date market knowledge on Executive Education and learning trends
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and relationships simultaneously.
- Listening, communication, presentation and time management skills are crucial.
- Strong strategic selling skills and commercial acumen
- Programme Design and Out of the Box Thinking
- Influences with Integrity
- Drives Results
We take care of our team and offer benefits such as extended paid maternity/paternity leave, private health insurance, and Well-Being Allowance, among others. This role is based in London, in the heart of the City at the Financial Times’ global headquarters. It requires occasional trips to other areas of operations. We work flexibly, and offer the possibility of working from home, coming into the offices at least 2 days a week.
Headspring is an equal opportunity employer, and we believe diversity is an engine for change. We seek only to attract the best talent and pride ourselves on our inclusive culture, which enables us to create and deliver meaningful solutions for our clients. We are a highly values-driven and culture led company: We perform with passion. We believe. We serve something greater. We embrace the unknown and we create together. They were co-created with the team and are part of our DNA. Do they inspire you as much as they do us?