We’re a rapidly growing team building a global, disruptive Consultancy! We draw on a unique proposition; lived experience of the successful transformation of the FT, operating expertise from experienced practitioners and a proven playbook to help organisations transform to a high performing customer centred model. Our mission is to help organisations build valuable relationships with their consumers and build resilient business models.
The Financial Times is one of the world’s prestigious business media organisations, recognised internationally for its authority, integrity and accuracy. Join us and find an inclusive and fast-paced environment with unique opportunities to support every step of your career.
Learn more about FT Strategies and what we offer here at ftstrategies.com.
As we scale our business globally, we are looking for experienced and motivated individuals to help us scale our business in Japan.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated bilingual candidate to join this start-up within the Financial Times located in Tokyo, Japan / Singapore / Hong Kong
You will be joining a fast-paced and dynamic work environment as we scale our consulting business in the APAC region. You will be central to that growth, shaping how it succeeds.
You’ll be an early team member of a funded startup within an established institution - an extremely rare opportunity.
You will help media organisations at a time of reinvention. You’ll work with them to develop digital strategies that will help transform their business, with implications for the wider media industry.
Bilingual in English and Japanese.
Your role in this team will be to deliver consulting engagements. This will include:
- Ability to use hypothesis-driven problem solving to develop an approach to solve strategic problems for media companies
- Ability to quickly absorb information from interviews, data, reports and other information sources, in order to produce succinct evaluation of a situation
- Quantitative skills, such as the ability to build Excel models, research output, draw key insights from data or visualise data as compelling charts in Powerpoint
- Project management skills, delegating work as appropriate to other team members, internal FT experts and external freelance experts
- Client communication skills, using Powerpoint slides to efficiently produce output
- Maintaining and directing strong client relationships and being available to respond to ad hoc requests
- Mentoring more junior team members who you will work alongside on client engagements
- Curious mind, adaptability and strong interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with digital transformation and advanced data skills
This role also requires an element of business development. This will include:
- Identifying new business opportunities and creating credentials and business cases to be used to convert these opportunities into sold client engagements
- Taking responsibility for aggregating professional knowledge from around the business and codifying our consulting frameworks
- Acting as a mentor to junior team members outside of client engagements to develop the skills profile of FT Strategies overall
The FT are committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. We aim to treat all employees in a fair and consistent manner, promote good working relationships to encourage high standards of conduct and performance within a work environment free from harassment, bullying and discrimination. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.