The FT has an uncompromising mission: delivering independent, quality information, news and services to individuals and companies around the globe. It’s the cornerstone of our reputation and the heart of our ambitions for the future. But for our people, the FT offers so much more than what we do. FT people come from all kinds of backgrounds and work across a huge range of disciplines and locations, and find an empowering, warm and welcoming culture that values curiosity and rewards smart, ambitious thinking. Those who are willing to unite around our mission and live our values will find plenty to challenge, inspire and interest them. Like the audiences we serve, no two FT people are the same; but together we help our audience be better informed and understand the world around them. It’s a job that’s never mattered more, and a career that can take you anywhere you want to go.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
The Role / Position Overview
The B2B division of the Financial Times licences FT content to organisations around the world. Based in London, the Global Head of Product Marketing will lead the go-to-market strategy; build out product and solution value propositions and messaging for key customer segments that will be translated to marketing collateral, campaigns, and sales enablement tools.
The role is highly customer centric and requires working closely with product, sales, marketing and CSM teams throughout the sale cycle stages with a focus on creating deliverables/outputs to support sales growth. You will need to be a self-starter with knowledge, ideas and the ability to inspire and coach others.
- Strategy; you’ll define, build and execute, along with your team, a product marketing strategy to help improve the success of our solutions in the market.
- Management; lead, develop and inspire a team of 2 product marketers.
- Product Champion; help inform the overall marketing strategy with valuable product marketing intelligence. Be the evangelist, internally and externally, for our full solutions offering
- Customer Insight: Build detailed persona’s and gain a deep understanding of the markets we serve to help inform sales and marketing activities.
- Messaging:; using customer research and competitor intelligence, develop product positioning and messaging, including differentiators and use cases.
- GTM; work closely with sales and marketing teams to create and support the go-to-market strategy.
- Stakeholder Management; work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders and regularly present to the teams.
- Asset Creation: create tools (eBooks, presentations, videos, data sheets, case studies) to enable sales throughout the entire sales lifecycle.
- Launches/Enhancements: oversee the marketing of solution products’ launches, feature releases and enhancements
- Content Creation: collaborate with teams to create marketing content plan that will engage customer segments and enable the sales team to present the solutions we offer.
Required Skills / Experience
- Ideally 6-8+ years of Product Marketing experience in B2B
- Previous people management experience in a pure product marketing role
- Strong understanding of all elements of the product marketing process
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with diverse teams
- Ability to leverage data and insights
- Learns quickly in a fast-paced team environment
- Problem solving skills.
What’s in it for you? Our Benefits
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working (including working from home), medical cover, enhanced maternity & paternity packages, subsidised gym memberships and Giving Back opportunities. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
The FT is committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We have implemented a hybrid working model and we also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our team will be happy to help.