The FT has an uncompromising mission: delivering independent, quality information, news and services to individuals and companies around the globe. It’s the cornerstone of our reputation and the heart of our ambitions for the future. But for our people, the FT offers so much more than what we do. FT people come from all kinds of backgrounds and work across a huge range of disciplines and locations, and find an empowering, warm and welcoming culture that values curiosity and rewards smart, ambitious thinking. Those who are willing to unite around our mission and live our values will find plenty to challenge, inspire and interest them. Like the audiences we serve, no two FT people are the same; but together we help our audience be better informed and understand the world around them. It’s a job that’s never mattered more, and a career that can take you anywhere you want to go.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
The Role / Position Overview
The HR Advisor is proactive in supporting the implementation of our people strategy and objectives in order to drive and support the business needs. It will suit an HR professional who is already used to and thrives in a collaborative and fast-paced digital environment.
To be successful in this role you will have a commercial mind-set, proven track record of delivering results and ability to handle multiple demands and changing priorities.
- Collaborating with the HR admin and payroll teams to ensure employee queries are responded to in a timely way.
- Working with the Learning & Talent team to support talent management initiatives.
- Deliver training for management development on best HR practice.
- Keeping abreast of management information, people data and insight, and analysing key HR metrics to seek out trends and assist in designing solutions for improvements in the employee experience and talent management.
- Familiarity with FT as well as any Joint Venture (JV) policies and procedures and their appropriate application.
- Keeping abreast of changing employment legislation and updating relevant policies and practices.
- Managing change requests including flexible working, advising and coaching managers and following up with the relevant paperwork.
- Managing the probation review process to ensure that full support and advice is offered to line managers and employees.
- Conducting maternity, paternity and shared parental leave consultations with staff.
- Managing performance, grievance and disciplinary cases to ensure a consistent and fair process is followed and thorough investigations conducted.
- Delivering ad-hoc global HR projects including wellbeing initiatives, reward programmes and hybrid remote initiatives.
- Seeking out improvements to all aspects of the employee life-cycle, specifically talent retention, performance management, development and exits.
- Leading change and project management, setting out, communicating and following through with project plans and milestones for management and the global HR team.
- Building strong relationships with business leaders and managers, developing a detailed understanding of challenges and opportunities across our client groups.
- Active involvement in design and promotion of diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Introducing new ideas, tools or methods relevant to the HR industry and our business.
- Building external networks and relationships with external competitors/organisations to keep abreast of people related trends and activities.
- Contributing to achieve our HR vision.
Required Skills / Experience
- Demonstrable experience operating at Advisor level within a HR generalist role.
- Ability to manage a variety of employee relations issues.
- Proven organisational skills, with an ability to prioritise high workloads working to tight deadlines.
- Credible and influential with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate strong understanding of current employment law and its application within a commercial environment.
- Digital and technology savviness.
- High degree of confidentiality, sensitivity and diplomacy.
- Creativity in finding solutions to complex problems.
- Highly competent in Microsoft skills in particular Excel and/or Gsuite
- Collaborative and inclusive approach.
- Positive “can-do” attitude.
- CIPD qualified or a desire to work towards this qualification.
- Previous experience using Workday.
- EMEA HR knowledge or experience.
***We're aiming to carry out 1st stage interviews week commencing 8th May, so don't delay submitting your application!***
What’s in it for you? Our Benefits
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working (including working from home), medical cover, enhanced maternity & paternity packages, subsidised gym memberships and Giving Back opportunities. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
The FT is committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We have implemented a hybrid working model and we also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our team will be happy to help.