Ignites Asia, a Financial Times service, is a daily online news publication providing in-depth and timely coverage of Asia’s asset management industry. Ignites Asia is the sister publication to Ignites, the most popular fund industry news source in the United States. Ignites Asia’s coverage includes retail, high-net-worth and institutional investors; asset management companies and service providers; regulatory developments; fund flows; industry trends and much more.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
We are looking for a Senior Reporter to be based in Hong Kong. You will report directly to the Managing Editor and be responsible for sourcing and writing high- quality articles focused on different markets across Asia’s asset management industry.
This is a unique opportunity to play an important role in a successful online news service backed by the experience and resources of the Financial Times and Money-Media. This is also an opportunity to focus on news journalism for sophisticated decision-makers, as well as work within a positive and collaborative team environment.
- To be responsible for covering the asset management industry in Asia.
- To perform the duties required of a Reporter.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactively cover the asset management industry for certain Asian markets as assigned.
- Reporting, producing news stories and exclusive content.
- Travel within Asia.
- Moderate webcasts.
- Report to the Ignites Asia Managing Editor.
- Take responsibility for assigned tasks.
- Perform other relevant tasks that may be assigned by the Ignites Asia Managing Editor, including those related to features or services that are yet to be rolled out in Ignites Asia.
- Work closely with the Ignites Asia Managing Editor and reporters in the editorial team.
Qualifications / Competencies / Skills / Experience
- Experienced in covering the asset management industry and/or financial markets in Asia. Strong contacts with asset management companies, institutional investors, fund distributors, sovereign wealth funds and regulators would be an advantage.
- Proven ability to meet daily deadlines.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Flexibility to adjust to changing demands of the job, varying day-to-day tasks and changing editorial requirements of Ignites Asia.
- Willingness to travel within Asia.
- Ability to build on current network of sources and significantly expand that network within a short period of time.
- Ability to work independently, while at the same time must be able to take guidance, suggestions, constructive criticism from the Managing Editor and the rest of the Ignites Asia editorial team.
- Ability to interact well with others.
- Competence in computer/technology skills required to perform assigned tasks.
- Must be bright, self-motivated, enthusiastic, hard-working, responsible, organized and a team player.
- Excellent command of oral and written English.
- Language skills (other than English) are an advantage.
- Candidates with lesser experiences will be considered for the role of Reporter, Ignites Asia.
What’s in it for you? Our Benefits
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working (including working from home), medical cover, enhanced maternity & paternity packages and Giving Back opportunities.
The FT is committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accomodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.