The Financial Times is one of the world’s leading business news organizations, recognized internationally for its authority, integrity, and accuracy. The FT has a record paying readership of one million, three-quarters of which are digital subscriptions. It is part of Nikkei Inc., which provides a broad range of information, news, and services for the global business community.
We have offices in more than 35 cities, including London, New York, Hong Kong, Beijing, Manila, Sofia, San Francisco, and Tokyo. Join us and find an inclusive and fast-paced environment with unique opportunities to support every step of your career.
Learn more about the FT, including announcements and career opportunities, at aboutus.ft.com.
Role / Position Overview
The Campaign Manager's primary role is to take ownership of the execution and management of digital ad campaigns. The Campaign Manager will work directly with Sales to plan digital ad campaigns and traffic orders at the time of booking to FT.com and affiliate sites. The position reports into the US Head of Campaign Management. In addition to trafficking, the Campaign Manager will be pulling reports and learning how to analyze them for the purposes of ensuring delivery and performance as well as assisting in inventory forecasting.
- Receive, vet and book Insertion Orders from the Sales team.
- Send out alerts for missing materials
- Test and schedule creative
- Run reports to monitor ad campaigns
- Coordinate with sales team to put forth strong proposals
- Confirm monthly delivery and ensure invoices are requested in an accurate and timely manner
Required Skills / Experience
- 1 - 2 years of professional experience
- Knowledge of ad servers and ad tech systems such as GAM, Moat, LiveIntent, DCM, Sizmek
- High comfort level with computers and evolving technologies
- Good Communication Skills
- Ability to work on projects alone and in groups
- Strong ability to work in a deadline driven environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective in business writing
- Comfort with Google Docs and Microsoft Office with a strong focus on Sheets/Excel
- Strong in algebra and arithmetic
- Excellent analytical skills both for reporting and campaign optimization
- Comfort with basic code for debugging advert creative or platform issues that may impact campaigns
- Ability to form strong working relationships
- Comfortable with prioritization
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Results-driven, high-performing, high-quality work attitude
- You are proactive and look to seek out the opportunities rather than waiting to be asked
- Have a strong personal interest in the news, media and advertising, relishing the chance to help build the future of one of the great global brands in media
- You must demonstrate the maturity to work independently on a day-to-day basis and have the wisdom to know when to collaborate or escalate
- You work in a collaborative manner and are proactive-active in always seeking to improve
- You have a desire and a hunger to look at the bigger picture looking more broadly at the needs of FT without being limited to just the specific campaigns or sales reps you are working with
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working, medical cover, and enhanced maternity & paternity packages. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
A reasonable estimate of the salary range for this role is $58,500-$60,900. To ensure pay fairness, the successful candidate will be offered a salary within the estimated salary range based on a number of considerations including but not limited to: skill set; experience and training; certifications; and other business and organisational needs. The disclosed range estimate is for our NYC office and has not been adjusted for other locations.
At the FT, we know our most valuable resources are our people and we embrace our employees’ unique skills, experiences, and perspectives. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer that seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. We aim to treat all employees in a fair and consistent manner, promote good working relationships to encourage high standards of conduct and performance within a work environment free from harassment, bullying, and discrimination. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.