First Digital Trust ("FDT") is Asia’s leading technology-driven financial institution powering the digital asset industry and servicing fintech innovators including blockchain startups, money service businesses and token issuers. The team is behind Abacus rapid settlement network and provides APIs, settlement and clearing, accounting, compliance, fiat gateways, payments rails and open finance infrastructure for the industry.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Finance Manager to join our dynamic, fast-growing team in Hong Kong. Reporting directly to the CFO, you'll be mainly responsible for quality control of the day-to-day financial transactions and timely financial reporting. Additionally, you will play a significant role in the month-end and year-end closing process, ensuring that the financial information provided to the stakeholders is accurate and timely. Our ideal candidate must demonstrate strong collaborative qualities and a positive demeanor. This role is best suited for high-energy, hard-working, motivated individuals seeking to challenge themselves in a fast-paced, growing fintech company.
- Support all core day-to-day accounting operations across the Group, including billing, AR, AP, GL, cost accounting, and revenue recognition
- Support the month-end and year-end close process, including preparing financial statements and internal management presentations
- Ensure timely delivery and accuracy of reports across the Group, under the Hong Kong and international Accounting Standards and also to improve on the quality of reports and analysis
- Coordinate the preparation of statutory accounts for all group entities per the relevant accounting principles and the legislation in which they operate
- Assist with managing the annual audit and tax engagements, including tracking and communicating internal deadlines and responding to requests
- Contribute to the analysis on financial results (trends, performance metrics, benchmarks)
- Support the management to design the Corporate Governance framework, including identifying the control and process gaps, drafting of policies and process flows when required
- Assist in bespoke project tracking, coordination, and maintenance
- Additional accounting and bookkeeping duties as assigned by Financial Controller
- BS or BA in accounting/finance/economics/business or related field
- Active membership in professional certification body (i.e., HKICPA/CIMA/ACCA)
- 5+ years' post qualified experience in finance functions, preferably with experience within a dynamic high-growth company with high pressure
- Demonstratable knowledge of Hong Kong/Malaysia Accounting Standards, financial reporting, tax regulations, and industry legislation
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to unravel complex accounting queries
- Strong communication skills and ability to work comfortably in a highly collaborative team environment
- Ability to comprehend and narrate financial records for external stakeholders
- Experience with Fiduciary Accounting or Fund Accounting is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. First Digital Trust reserves the right to amend this job description at any time.