First Digital Trust ("FDT") is Asia’s leading technology-driven financial institution powering the digital asset industry and servicing fintech innovators including blockchain startups, money service businesses and token issuers. The team is behind Abacus rapid settlement network and provides APIs, settlement and clearing, accounting, compliance, fiat gateways, payments rails and open finance infrastructure for the industry.
First Digital Trust (FDT) is seeking an exceptionally driven in-house legal counsel who thrives in a creative, fast-paced work environment. The in-house legal counsel will provide support for various legal and compliance activities and projects and also serve as the liaison between the FDT and external legal counsel. This role is ideal for someone passionate about FinTech and is keen to move into a position that offers variety, with excellent prospects to grow and develop within the organization.
- Providing accurate, relevant, and timely advice to the company on a variety of legal topics that relate to their business sector, products or services.
- Managing and mitigating legal risks by developing and implementing company policies and procedures.
- Ensuring compliance with all laws and regulations that apply to the business.
- Promoting legal, compliance and risk management best practices throughout the company.
- Developing and delivering legal training to the business.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating legal and transaction-specific documentation.
- Staying up-to-date with changes to legislation, particularly in relation to laws, rules and regulations that directly affect the company’s business and specific industry.
- Supporting external counsel in preparing letters and legal documents by gathering facts and aggregating information.
- Formatting, proofreading, redlining, and clearing legal documents for execution, as well as making revision proposals to ensure consistency with business requirements; coordinating prompt execution of such documents with all counterparties, and filing of executed contracts.
- Provide advice, guidance' and assistance to the business as necessary and appropriate, on how to achieve and maximize business objective under applicable laws, regulations, ordinances, governmental decrees and company policies with efficiency and legal protection.
- Respond to requests for information and documents from internal and external auditors, regulators, internal business partners, and other stakeholders.
- Proactively identifying, analyzing and highlighting potential legal and regulatory risks and communicated with business management and working with external counsel as needed to develop resolutions of such risks.
- Provide legal advice for all daily operations, new business initiatives and dispute resolution.
- Assisting with strategic initiatives, including product development and regulatory applications in various jurisdictions, documenting legal processes and arrangements, as well corporate transactions (including corporate finance, M&A, and strategic partnerships).
- Bachelor’s degree in Law or equivalent with at least 1 years of post-qualified experience in commercial and corporate practice at a reputable Law firm and/or in-house legal department.
- Strong problem-solving, strategic and creative thinking and decision-making ability.
- Self-starter and ability to take ownership, drive projects and deliverables, and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to work under pressure and prioritize effectively, balance assigned work, and exceptional organization skills are required for our constantly evolving priorities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based work.
- Presentation skills with internal and external stakeholders of all levels.
- Self-disciplined to maintain the confidentiality of privileged and highly sensitive information.
- Great attention to detail is crucial.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. First Digital Trust reserves the right to amend this job description at any time.