1stDigital is a digital asset focused trust, custody, financial technology company at the vanguard of the emerging digitalization of assets, where the full value for your worldly assets can finally unite like other digital data. Our best-in-class custodian and near-banking layer enables previously unattainable options for payments, asset management and access to products that can help enhance financial inclusion.
Our infrastructure – including FDUSD, Asia’s 1st home grown blockchain-based USD stable-coin – Developed to help economies, institutions and developers gain access to technology breakthroughs and capitalize on the digital evolution of finance, trust, and technology.
- Support the Head of Compliance in the areas of AML/CTF, financial crime and sanctions compliance.
- Maintain effective compliance program, including the compliance policies and guidelines, documentation, training logs, and related business processes.
- Provide adequate oversight to ensure company-wide adherence to the compliance program.
- Conduct annual company-wide risk assessment and serve as the main point of contact with external auditor concerning AML/CTF compliance.
- Conduct regular AML/CTF and sanctions compliance assurance exercises throughout Client portfolio.
- Investigate and, where required, call out any major compliance concerns to the Head of Compliance, recommend remediation actions and improve existing processes accordingly.
- Prepare reports to the Head of Compliance by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing critical compliance metrics and other internal reviews.
- Develop training materials and regularly sensitize relevant employees, senior management, and business partners regarding crucial ML/TF and financial crime risks.
- Work closely with various stakeholders (i.e., Legal, Operations, and Technology teams) to identify enhancements in compliance processes and lead the implementation of these system changes.
- Provide accurate, consistent, and timely advice to the business on an ongoing basis, including; responding to ad-hoc queries, contributing to projects, and advising on new products and business proposals.
- Manage and continuously develop a team compliance professionals.
- Maintain awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats, and appropriate steps to mitigate the risks.
- Nurture a good risk and compliance culture throughout the company.
- BS or BA required; law degree strongly preferred.
- ACAMS certified (preferably).
- 5-8 years of compliance experience in the area of payments, AML/CTF, compliance, internal audit, or risk management.
- Financial institutions background (preferably in the fintech & digital assets industry) is strongly preferred, but exceptions can be made for people with an exceptional track record.
- Strong analytical skills with experience in problem-solving and being able to implement and deliver solutions, and lead a team.
- Strong communication skills and ability to deliver clear presentations to interact with broad ranges of audiences or stakeholders with different background.
- Reliable when working independently, with good judgment for when to raise issues.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. First Digital Trust reserves the right to amend this job description at any time.