Five - “Driving Autonomy”
Five is a European technology leader in the field of automated driving systems and is joining forces with Bosch, the world’s largest component vendor to the automotive industry, making us together by far Europe’s largest development team for SAE Level 4 automation. Integrating technology and automotive talent in a combined team is the winning formula for building safe, green and accessible autonomous transportation for the world and at Five you’ll have unprecedented access to data, sensors, safety systems and a multitude of other assets needed to build the world’s leading systems.
At Five, we’re creating a platform for autonomous vehicle development and safety assurance. Our platform will empower the industry to build automated driving systems that are safer, smarter, faster and scalable. We're doing this by applying insights learned from solving some of the most challenging problems in this space.
We’re engineers, scientists, developers, and designers. We’re problem-solvers, dreamers, pioneers, innovators, creatives and pragmatists. We’re new hands and accomplished pros. We’re hard-working people, solving far-reaching challenges.
About the Team
Our Product team is ultimately responsible for determining what gets built at Five; discovering user stories, validating them and evaluating the opportunity in delivering to them. They are the acknowledged expert on the customer, their issues, pain points, desires, how they think, how they work, etc.
Sitting within their scrum teams, our PMs work closely with creative engineers, scientists, designers, etc. to help design and develop technologies that are solely targeted at making the job of developing safe ADAS and self-driving systems easier. They’re responsible for guiding products throughout the execution cycle, focusing specifically on analyzing, positioning, packaging, promoting, and tailoring our solutions to our users.
We work in multi-disciplinary teams building products from conception to launch by connecting the technical and business worlds. Our PMs break down complex problems into steps that drive product development at speed.
What you will do
As the Product’s owner from cradle-to-grave, they’re Five’s go-to person for understanding anything about the product, or at least their piece of it. In fact, they are the undisputed expert on their piece of our product and they share that knowledge internally openly and generously too.
The PM also knows how our business works, the role of product in the business, who internal stakeholders are and what their constraints are. They convince those stakeholders they understand those constraints, they commit to delivering solutions consistent with them or work to remedy or escalate those constraints when necessary.
The PM is the person we hold responsible and accountable for the success of the product. These are highly visible roles in our organisation for ambitious individuals that are driven to deliver successful products.
- You’ll define and refine the Product team’s vision, create the development team’s roadmap and clearly communicate to the scrum development team and other areas of the company, keeping everyone including customers updated on progress.
- You’ll understand the market, anticipate customer needs and prioritize the development process, acting as the point of contact to all stakeholders.
- You’ll manage the team’s product backlog and prioritize them based on overall strategy and company objectives.
- You’ll evaluate product progress through each iteration and determine if the product is acceptable.
- You’ll partner and collaborate closely with other engineers and product managers from hardware, path planning, vehicle, and systems engineering to determine requirements and prioritization that meet the team’s needs.
- You’ll communicate regularly with multiple stakeholders on timelines, updates and any new iterations.
- You’ll have led a product from MVP to scale.
- You’ll be a strategic thinker and have innate analytical skills. Synthesizing large amounts of information, and turning them into a thoughtful and compelling product vision for all to understand.
- Proven problem stating and solving skills, turning the ambiguous into radical, experimental solutions.
- You’ll be comfortable and seize ambiguity as an opportunity, clearly setting your own goals and effectively delivering to them in a very fast-changing environment.
- You are a ‘T-shaped’ thinker who can stretch to long-term, beyond the horizon as well as hone your vision into near term, concrete actionable plans.
- Experience in autonomous vehicles, robotics or B2B
- Product experience with hardware, electro-mechanical products and software
- Enthusiasm and interest in solving a broad and deep range of people related and technical challenges
You will be joining a European leader in the autonomous driving system market where you can have a real impact in a smart, low-ego multi-cultural team. We provide an environment where you can develop your skills and deliver meaningful work that matters. You’ll be rewarded with a competitive salary and financial package, pension and private medical care.
FiveAI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a complementary team of employees and building an inclusive environment for all.
Help us to build the future of safer autonomy!