Five - “Driving Autonomy”
Five is a European technology leader in the field of automated driving systems and is joining forces with Bosch, the world’s largest component vendor to the automotive industry, making us together by far Europe’s largest development team for SAE Level 4 automation. Integrating technology and automotive talent in a combined team is the winning formula for building safe, green and accessible autonomous transportation for the world and at Five you’ll have unprecedented access to data, sensors, safety systems and a multitude of other assets needed to build the world’s leading systems.
At Five, we’re creating a platform for autonomous vehicle development and safety assurance. Our platform will empower the industry to build automated driving systems that are safer, smarter, faster and scalable. We're doing this by applying insights learned from solving some of the most challenging problems in this space.
We’re engineers, scientists, developers, and designers. We’re problem-solvers, dreamers, pioneers, innovators, creatives and pragmatists. We’re new hands and accomplished pros. We’re hard-working people, solving far-reaching challenges.
About the Team
The Simulation team develops the Scenario Editor and Scenario Runtime. The Scenario Editor allows a customer to create complex driving scenarios by manipulating paths and vehicles in a 3D rendered world. The Scenario Runtime then plays out those scenarios, controlling the traffic in the world, and interfacing with the system under test. Both are developed using the Unity3D game engine.
The team has a wide range of challenges to tackle, from developing intuitive user interfaces, through complex agent behavioural algorithms, and down to low level networking performance when interfacing with a system under test.
What you will do
As a Lead Software Engineer and Team Leader in our highly technical Sim team you will be helping us to build out and enhance our simulation platform. You will work closely with our designers and product owners to deliver features either alone or working with other members of the team. You’ll investigate and solve issues and bugs, provide code reviews for other team members and you'll work collaboratively with other teams across the company to coordinate development efforts and best practices.
As a bonus, you may also bring to the table experience with other simulation platforms, either as a user or a developer; experience in automotive simulation platforms would be particularly valuable. As would experience with build and deployment systems, e.g. CI/CD, Docker, AWS, etc.
- You will have demonstrable commercial experience building software applications using C#, with any Python beneficial.
- You’ll have previously managed a team of software engineers, reporting team progress and mentoring/coaching junior members.
- You’ll be happy to recommend and openly discuss improvements and technical choices.
- You’ve got a desire to work on challenging problems within software applications, from broad feature designs to debugging complex issues.
- You are familiar with the full development life-cycle and software engineering best practices, including architecture, design, code, unit testing, integration testing, code review, and documentation.
- Experience developing 3D applications, particularly using Unity3D.
- You have experience working with CI/CD (we use GitLab).
- Experience with existing simulation software, particularly within the automotive industry.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, e.g. k8s, Terraform, AWS, etc.
- Experience working with Python.
You will be joining a European leader in the autonomous driving system market where you can have a real impact in a smart, low-ego multi-cultural team. We provide an environment where you can develop your skills and deliver meaningful work that matters. You’ll be rewarded with a competitive salary and financial package, pension and private medical care.
FiveAI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a complementary team of employees and building an inclusive environment for all.
Help us to build the future of safer autonomy!