Five - “Driving Autonomy”
Five is a European technology leader in the field of automated driving systems and is joining forces with Bosch, the world’s largest component vendor to the automotive industry, making us together by far Europe’s largest development team for SAE Level 4 automation. Integrating technology and automotive talent in a combined team is the winning formula for building safe, green and accessible autonomous transportation for the world and at Five you’ll have unprecedented access to data, sensors, safety systems and a multitude of other assets needed to build the world’s leading systems.
At Five, we’re creating a platform for autonomous vehicle development and safety assurance. Our platform will empower the industry to build automated driving systems that are safer, smarter, faster and scalable. We're doing this by applying insights learned from solving some of the most challenging problems in this space.
We’re engineers, scientists, developers, and designers. We’re problem-solvers, dreamers, pioneers, innovators, creatives and pragmatists. We’re new hands and accomplished pros. We’re hard-working people, solving far-reaching challenges.
About the Team
The Infrastructure team builds and maintains the computing and development platform that Five uses to develop and run its software. We develop tools for other teams to use and promote DevOps culture and practices. We also work closely with other teams to solve interesting challenges around scaling and architecture.
What you will do
As a Lead Engineer and Team Leader, you will contribute to and lead projects, design and implement architectural changes to solve complex technical challenges around cloud infrastructure scaling, security and performance, with a focus on developer experience.
You will help to deploy and scale cloud infrastructure to support Five’s vehicle development and safety assurance platform, working closely with other teams to design and deploy cloud software onto Kubernetes using Terraform. You will work closely with the team and engineering manager to identify, prioritise and plan projects and ongoing improvements. You will mentor other engineers, represent the infrastructure team in discussions with the wider organisation, and proactively advocate for and demonstrate DevOps culture and processes.
- You have led projects to deliver cloud infrastructure, planning, defining and organising work to be completed by a team or multiple teams
- You have managed a team of engineers or mentored/coached junior engineers
- You have in-depth experience with AWS or Azure, an interest in working with the other, and can explain why and when particular cloud services should be chosen for a given project
- You’ve used Terraform or another Infrastructure-as-Code tool, including the development of modules to be used by other teams, with documentation and examples
- You have working knowledge of at least one programming language, such as Python or Go
- You’ve worked with Kubernetes in production environments at scale
- You’ve worked with observability tools such as Prometheus and ElasticSearch
- You have Linux server administration, and networking experience
- You understand and can articulate DevOps principles and practices
You will be joining a European leader in the autonomous driving system market where you can have a real impact in a smart, low-ego multi-cultural team. We provide an environment where you can develop your skills and deliver meaningful work that matters. You’ll be rewarded with a competitive salary and financial package, pension and private medical care.
FiveAI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a complementary team of employees and building an inclusive environment for all.
Help us to build the future of safer autonomy!