Senior Software Engineer - .Net - QR Code Order & Pay Team
Flipdish builds consumer mobile applications for thousands of restaurants, used by their millions of customers. The application they use to order their favourite food is a direct interface between the end customer and our clients’ brand. It’s arguably the most critical touchpoint for any modern business, and we need you to help take that essential interaction to the next level.
You’ll join us in an incredibly exciting phase of transition and growth, as we rapidly expand our development and product teams in Dublin and across the globe.
You won’t be told what to build. You’ll be shown the problems and opportunities, given access to people you need to talk to, and given the tools you need in order to lead your team to success.
Due to our continued growth, Flipdish is seeking an experienced Senior .NET Developer. The QR Code Order & Pay team is building a best-in-class product experience for table ordering and payment through QR code. Our goal is to provide our customer with the best experience and to be an innovator in the digital table-ordering market. The successful candidate for this role will be looking for an exciting new challenge in a hyper-growth environment. You should have a passion for technology and be willing to take on new challenges and input to the company’s growth.
After 2 years working with Flipdish, you should be able to add the following to your list of achievements:
- I worked on re-architecture of our system which initially was able to serve 3,000 online stores to being able to handle 500,000 stores
- I was heavily involved in the effort of reaching 99.99% availability performance
- I worked on scaling the system to provide high availability across multiple continents
- and input to many more challenging opportunities to grow my experience
- You have at least 5 years of professional experience as Software Developer
- You have strong experience in at least 4 of the following:
- ASP.NET MVC (C#)
- WebAPI 2
- .NET Core
- Cloud Platforms (Azure / AWS)
- CI/CD tools (Azure DevOps, CircleCI)
- Entity Framework
- You are technically capable of defining, developing, and maintaining full software
- You are champion of technology excellence by coaching, mentoring, guiding, leading by example
- You have knowledge of software structures / architectures / design patterns
- You have knowledge of the software development process and industry tool sets
- You have experience delivering high-performing, low-latency, fully scalable/robust solutions running in cloud with 24x7 availability to customers
- You have customer-first as a core value when delivering software, understand how to deliver work to maximize value to business
- You have experience of planning, coordination, delivery incrementally working testable software working in scaled Agile environments
- You are a committed team player to make the impact on the team and the company above the individual
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with strong influencing and engagement skills
- You enjoy solving puzzles
- Scripting languages (PowerShell / bash)
- Swagger / Open API
- ElasticSearch, MongoDb
- Experience with proxy services (HAProxy)
- You have knowledge of different agile frameworks (SAFe, SCRUM, Kanban and Lean)
Too many to list on this job post! We are a growing startup that understands that only amazing incentives will attract the best talent. This obviously includes ESOP because we want all of our best employees to have skin in the game. In addition to a long list of incentives, we provide unparalleled opportunities for growth and development. If you are smart, ambitious and hard-working, we will do whatever it takes to convince you to join the Flipdish rocketship!
We also have
- Bike to Work, Taxsaver Scheme, paid Sick Leave
- Collaborative work environment with a dynamic and diverse team — and we do actually mean this and invest in it
- Team-building activities and social events
- Unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance within the company
- Employee referral bonus programme
We are primarily located in Ireland, but we are a remote team and we will consider highly-qualified applicants from other nearby locations.
No business embodies diversity like the food business. And at Flipdish, we're all about empowering those diverse, local, independent businesses - all over the planet. For us, diversity isn't a checkbox. It's embedded in how we work. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills - all working together in an open, honest and transparent culture. Because our strength comes from embracing our differences: differences that reflect the diverse customers we serve.
Please note that for this role we only accept applications from candidates directly. No recruitment agency assistance is needed.
Flipdish is a hyper growth technology company (3rd in the 2020 Deloitte Fast 50) who puts hospitality brands of all sizes in control of their business growth with a digital ordering and marketing system that builds brands, grows profits and turns customers into regulars.
With a branded website, app or self-service kiosk, powered by Flipdish’s world-class technology, hospitality brands can directly accept digital orders without having to list on aggregator platforms, at a lower cost and with more control over the customer experience.
Started in 2015 by technology entrepreneurs James and Conor McCarthy, Flipdish is headquartered in Dublin with a team of 280 digital food retailing enthusiasts, 6000 active clients across 12 countries with teams in Ireland, UK, Spain, France, Germany and the US.
Flipdish Mission Statement: “To provide food businesses with the best-in-class tools and support they need to win.”