Software Engineering Manager - New Segments
Flipdish allows thousands of restaurants worldwide restaurants to take orders online in an instant. Please visit flipdish.com and see the footnotes here for more on Flipdish.
You would join us in an incredibly exciting phase of transition and growth, as we rapidly expand our development and product teams in Ireland, UK, and internationally.
New Segments is a new product team that will solve the major technology problems to enable our product for geographical and sector expansion.
The team will work across our entire product domain incorporating consumer and client user experiences, business process automation, payments, APIs, integrations and more.
They will play a key role in driving incremental growth in our business by creating exciting new products which will deliver material revenue growth opportunities.
We are seeking an experienced software engineering manager to build and lead a world-class and high-performing team in a hyper-growth environment with a strong culture of trust, collaboration and autonomy.
Working with Product you will be shown the problems and opportunities, given the tools you need in order to succeed and a wide remit to engage with any stakeholder that you need.
We are looking for someone who is proven in adding cross organisational value, able to quickly identify technical areas of opportunity and able to create delivery plans to execute on that opportunity.
- Come from a strong technical background with a solid understanding of software architecture and can be be involved in discussions with principals and tech leads
- Have deep knowledge of software development lifecycle and best practices, eg: CI/CD, DevOps, testing, etc
- Build strong relationships across our Product & Engineering verticals
- Be able to take a complex project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Hire world-class talent then mentor and inspire them to design and deliver high-impact features
- Measure the impact of your team and set clear expectations and goals
- Be the voice of your team with stakeholders, from issues and challenges to praising achievements
- Give and receive regular performance feedback with your team and others
- Prior exposure to any of APIs, SoA, C#, .NET stack, React
- Experience with cloud infrastructure such as Azure, AWS, or GCP
- Good understanding of system/org design, team topologies etc
Too many to list on this job post! We are a growing startup that understands that only amazing incentives will attract the best talent. This obviously includes ESOP because we want all of our best employees to have skin in the game.
In addition to a long list of incentives, we provide unparalleled opportunities for growth and development. If you are smart, ambitious and hard-working, we will do whatever it takes to convince you to join the Flipdish rocketship! - You can find out benefits package here
No business embodies diversity like the food business. And at Flipdish, we're all about empowering those diverse, local, independent businesses - all over the planet.
For us, diversity isn't a checkbox. It's embedded in how we work. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills - all working together in an open, honest and transparent culture. Because our strength comes from embracing our differences: differences that reflect the diverse customers we serve.
Please note that for this role we only accept applications from candidates directly. No recruitment agency assistance is needed.
Flipdish is a hyper growth technology company (Deloitte Fast 50) who puts hospitality brands of all sizes in control of their business growth with a digital ordering and marketing system that builds brands, grows profits and turns customers into regulars.
With a branded website, mobile app or self-service kiosk, powered by Flipdish’s world-class technology, hospitality brands can directly accept digital orders without having to list on aggregator platforms, at a lower cost and with more control over the customer experience.
Started in 2015 by technology entrepreneurs James and Conor McCarthy, Flipdish is headquartered in Dublin with a team of 300+ digital food retailing enthusiasts, 7000 active clients across 25 countries with teams in Ireland, UK, Spain, France, Germany and the US.
Flipdish Mission Statement: “To provide food businesses with the best-in-class tools and support they need to win.”