This is a rare opportunity to lead the entire engineering organisation of a high growth tech unicorn.
The VP of Engineering will be fully empowered and responsible for building and managing a high performing 70+ person (and growing) engineering organisation.
You’ll join us at an incredibly exciting phase of transition and growth, as we rapidly expand our business across the globe.
What You’ll Do:
Build a high performing tech team, which will involve:
- Ensuring teams consistently ship products that solve our customers’ problems.
- Attracting world class engineering talent to join our team.
- Ensuring engineering output is measurable and that teams are fully staffed, high performing and happy.
- Ensuring that new engineers ship safely to production on their first day.
- Ensuring that commit to deploy time is sub-15 minutes.
- Ensuring that teams have clear ownership of all areas of the product and systems.
- Communicating clearly to the company the state of the engineering function and product progress.
- Experience managing multi-million euro budgets.
- Experience growing an engineering organisation from <50 to >150 people.
- Highly technical with proven experience of creating successful software based solutions.
- Fully bought into modern development practices, including developer lead testing, fast and robust CI/CD pipelines, and the ability for new engineers to safely ship changes on their first day.
- You are clear and persuasive in both written and verbal communication.
- High energy, fast-moving, action oriented individual who likes being challenged and deals well with ambiguity.
Too many to list on this job post! We are a growing startup that understands that only amazing incentives will attract the best talent. Some of our benefits include:
- The ability to work from anywhere
- 30* days of annual leave
- Equity given to all employees
- Healthcare for UK, Irish, French, Spanish, German and US employees
We also provide unparalleled opportunities for growth and development. If you are smart, ambitious and hard-working, we will do whatever it takes to convince you to join the Flipdish rocket ship!
* 25 days of annual leave, 4 summer Fridays off, St Patricks and Good Friday are holidays for all employees.
You can find more details on our benefits here
Flipdish is a hyper growth technology company (2nd in the 2021 Deloitte Fast 50) who puts hospitality brands of all sizes in control of their business growth with a digital ordering and marketing system that builds brands, grows profits and turns customers into regulars.
With a branded website, app or self-service kiosk, powered by Flipdish’s world-class technology, hospitality brands can directly accept digital orders without having to list on aggregator platforms, at a lower cost and with more control over the customer experience.
Started in 2015 by technology entrepreneurs James and Conor McCarthy, Flipdish is headquartered in Dublin with a team of 280+ digital food retailing enthusiasts, 7000 clients across 25 countries with teams in the UK, Spain, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy and the US.
Flipdish Mission Statement: “To help restaurants flipping thrive.”