Data Analytics Lead
At Flipdish, we’re turning the tables in favour of independent restaurant and takeaway owners by providing them with the tools they need to make their lives easier. We provide our customers with a suite of powerful, but straightforward tech along with (real human) support, so they can thrive on their own terms.
Everything we do is designed to make running a restaurant satisfyingly simple, in a world that’s anything but.
About this role
Due to our continued growth, Flipdish is seeking an experienced Data Analytics Lead. This person will join as an individual contributor in our finance department reporting into our VP of Strategic Finance, with the opportunity to supercharge our growth in 2023 and beyond by improving reporting and providing actionable insights to teams across the whole company.
This is a generalist technical role. The candidate should be open to working on a number of different data initiatives in parallel across the company, with a view to tying all of Flipdish’s data together coherently and making it more useful for stakeholders. The role is primarily a mix of analytics engineering and data analysis.
They will work with teams across the whole company to improve understanding of the business and automate reporting.
In this job, you’ll:
- Own and manage our modern data stack: Snowflake, DBT, Stitch ETL, Looker, Metabase. This includes creating new data sources, maintaining existing ones, and managing user roles and permissions, among other responsibilities.
- Create new data models, KPIs, dashboards and reporting solutions for primarily self-serve analytical use to help stakeholders answer critical questions related to their business areas.
- Partner with multiple stakeholder teams across finance, operations, commercial and product to identify analytics opportunities and advise on best practices relating to data.
- Automate manual tasks by querying our databases and creating pipelines to expose data directly in dashboards, scheduled reports or our CRM.
- Work closely with partners to make data available in our cloud data warehouse through new integrations with 3rd party tools.
- Support business leaders in making critical decisions through ad-hoc data analysis.
- Understand behaviour of our clients and end-users, identify new opportunities to move key metrics, and run experiments to determine the value of new or existing products.
- Communicate data insights and recommendations to non-technical audiences through clear writing, visualisations and narratives. Insights and research will always be reproducible and easily digested (dashboards, notebooks etc).
We’re looking for:
- 6+ years experience helping teams make impactful decisions with data.
- Advanced SQL: Expert at efficiently extracting large volumes of data. Proven commercial experience using SQL to answer business questions.
- 3+ years experience managing data pipelines with ETL tools (Fivetran, Stitch or similar).
- Experience designing data models from scratch in DBT.
- Familiarity with database design and data engineering concepts.
- Professional experience with data visualisation and BI tools (Looker, Metabase, Tableau, etc).
- Ability to identify analytics opportunities, initiate projects and drive them to completion without guidance.
- Significant professional experience with reporting systems, data pipeline architecture and data modelling.
- Strong communication skills and ability to co-ordinate a variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or other technical fields.
- Significant experience writing LookML.
- Strong statistical programming ability in Python, R, or any similar language.
- Experience working in data roles at technology companies or high growth start ups.
- Experience in experimentation and statistical analysis.
What you get
We’re a growing startup and we understand that amazing incentives will attract amazing talent. As well as the perks, we provide unparalleled opportunities for career growth. If you’re smart, ambitious, and hard-working, we’ll do whatever it takes to make you a Flipdisher!
Some of our incentives include:
🏡 Flexible working - work in a way that works for you
🌴25 days holidays per year and plenty of company get togethers!
❤️🩹 Healthcare coverage for UK, Irish, and US employees
👩🏾🎓 Access to training and educational sponsorship
🎭 Team meet-ups and social events
🔗 You can read more about our benefits here
🦄 About Flipdish
We’re Flipdish, an Irish unicorn (valued at over $1bn), serving independent restaurants in a world transformed by tech. No matter how fast Flipdish has grown, we’ve evolved around our customers and their needs. We’re not just an end-to-end ecosystem of technology, but a team committed to supporting people in the food industry.
We go to great lengths to understand our customers (check out our C-suite on work experience). We’re food industry natives. We’ve worked in busy kitchens and run busy restaurant franchises. We don’t just help our customers deal with real life problems, we give them a way of competing with the big chains, growing on their own terms, and falling back in love with what they do.
At this point, you might expect the usual spiel about how great a place Flipdish is to work at and how great our work culture is (and it is!). But, this all depends on our employees. And that’s because we trust our employees to define what sort of an employer Flipdish is.
Transparency is hugely important to us. We listen to one another. We collaborate. And we give everyone a way to grow their careers through a supportive environment.
We’re a company that values diversity, inclusion, and wellbeing as standard. We believe in balance, not burnout. Every Wednesday is meeting-free and we get Summer Fridays (Fridays off during the summer). And all permanent employees qualify for our share scheme because we share our success.
We’re flexible employers. We have teams based on both sides of the Atlantic who get their jobs done both from home and from some of our beautiful offices in bustling cities like London & Dublin.
So, if you want to join a genuinely friendly team, take a look at our current openings and get in touch. And if you don’t see an opening just yet, do get in touch and register your interest with us anyway. We’ll be in touch as soon as something suitable opens up.
🙈Don’t be shy. Apply.
We know that imposter syndrome can be a thing. Don’t let it be. We want enthusiastic people from all backgrounds. If you feel like you’re up for working with us, get in touch.
We also understand neurodivergent candidates might need assistance. That’s not a problem in the slightest. Just reach out to us, we’d love to hear from you.