Onboarding Engineer - Karachi
At Flipdish, we’re turning the tables in favour of independent restaurant and takeaway owners by providing them with the tools they need to make their lives easier. We provide our customers with a suite of powerful, but straightforward tech along with (real human) support, so they can thrive on their own terms.
Everything we do is designed to make running a restaurant satisfyingly simple, in a world that’s anything but.
About this role…
With our continued growth, Flipdish is building our team of Onboarding Engineers, based in Karachi, who are responsible for providing our clients with a smooth and easy experience setting up and configuring their digital presence. We expect the candidate to be based in our office in Karachi.
In this job, you’ll…
- Onboarding Experience Excellence: Be the ultimate owner of the end to end onboarding and the activation of Flipdish clients, including system configuration and set up, and ensure you are meeting or exceeding on key metrics that feed into team-based goals around customer retention, growth, and advocacy.
- Project Management: Provide regular status updates to the wider team, keep CRM information up-to-date, and ensure that project deadlines are being met (or exceeded) and all the core project activities are being completed.
- Product Expertise: Become a Flipdish product guru, knowing all the ins-and-outs of how customer accounts are set up and can be configured to meet their specific requirements.
- Customer Communication: Be the face of Flipdish for customer-facing onboarding communication, meetings and problem solving, and ensure the customer knows what is happening at all times.
- Customer Optimisation: Learn the ideal flow of a restaurant, in order to provide valuable insights to our customers on how to best leverage our technology to improve their operations, and identify opportunities to influence future lifetime value through higher product adoption, customer satisfaction, and overall health scores.
- As a key player in Flipdish's mission to revolutionise the restaurant tech industry, you'll be instrumental in helping independent restaurant and takeaway owners thrive in an ever-changing world.
We’re looking for…
- 5+ years Professional Experience: In client-facing onboarding, customer success, account management, or project management. Customer-Centric Mindset: You have a strong focus on delivering outstanding customer experiences, understanding their needs, and ensuring their success with Flipdish's products and services.
Project Management Skills: You are organised, responsive, detail oriented and, most importantly, you have a strong bias for action (i.e. you get things done). We are looking for someone who is extremely proactive in their work and can take the lead on keeping the ball rolling.
Technical Skills: You are technically strong and like to understand all the combinations and permutations of system configurability - in order to deliver the perfect customer outcome. Bonus points for experience with any of: React.JS (client side and server side), Flutter, C#, .NET Core, Cloud Platforms (Azure / AWS), CI/CD tools (Azure DevOps, CircleCI), MYSQLCommunication Skills: You are an exceptional communicator, both written and verbal, and are comfortable managing challenging customer situations.
Problem-Solving Skills: You have a track record of resolving complex problems and taking a proactive approach to analysing issues and generating solutions, and are a doer who is unfazed by ambiguity and who thrives under pressure.
What you get
We’re a growing startup and we understand that amazing incentives will attract amazing talent. As well as the perks, we provide unparalleled opportunities for career growth. If you’re smart, ambitious, and hard-working, we’ll do whatever it takes to make you a Flipdisher!
Some of our incentives include:
🏡 Flexible working - work in a way that works for you
🌴25 days holidays per year and plenty of company get togethers!
❤️🩹 Healthcare coverage for UK, Irish, and US employees
👩🏾🎓 Access to training and educational sponsorship
🎭 Team meet-ups and social events
🔗 You can read more about our benefits here
🦄 About Flipdish
We’re Flipdish, an Irish unicorn (valued at over $1bn), serving independent restaurants in a world transformed by tech. No matter how fast Flipdish has grown, we’ve evolved around our customers and their needs. We’re not just an end-to-end ecosystem of technology, but a team committed to supporting people in the food industry.
We go to great lengths to understand our customers (check out our C-suite on work experience). We’re food industry natives. We’ve worked in busy kitchens and run busy restaurant franchises. We don’t just help our customers deal with real life problems, we give them a way of competing with the big chains, growing on their own terms, and falling back in love with what they do.
At this point, you might expect the usual spiel about how great a place Flipdish is to work at and how great our work culture is (and it is!). But, this all depends on our employees. And that’s because we trust our employees to define what sort of an employer Flipdish is.
Transparency is hugely important to us. We listen to one another. We collaborate. And we give everyone a way to grow their careers through a supportive environment.
We’re a company that values diversity, inclusion, and wellbeing as standard. We believe in balance, not burnout. Every Wednesday is meeting-free and we get Summer Fridays (Fridays off during the summer). And all permanent employees qualify for our share scheme because we share our success.
We’re flexible employers. We have teams based on both sides of the Atlantic who get their jobs done both from home and from some of our beautiful offices in bustling cities like London & Dublin.
So, if you want to join a genuinely friendly team, take a look at our current openings and get in touch. And if you don’t see an opening just yet, do get in touch and register your interest with us anyway. We’ll be in touch as soon as something suitable opens up.
🙈Don’t be shy. Apply.
We know that imposter syndrome can be a thing. Don’t let it be. We want enthusiastic people from all backgrounds. If you feel like you’re up for working with us, get in touch.
We also understand neurodivergent candidates might need assistance. That’s not a problem in the slightest. Just reach out to us, we’d love to hear from you.