At Fonoa, we are transforming how digital-first companies stay tax compliant. We provide simple and modular API solutions that easily integrate into any existing workflow. Through our technology first approach, we reduce manual processes, increase compliance and reduce the cost of operations when transacting and scaling internationally.
We are solving one of the largest yet unsolved problems in global e-commerce. Our tax automation software enables companies such as Uber, Zoom, Lime, Booking.com, GoStudent, and Teachable to expand their international offerings more quickly and stay tax compliant.
We’re looking for a Tax Technology Manager (2-5 years of relevant experience) who will have the mission to bridge the gap between tax requirements and our Reporting product to help us continue to scale and expand our geographical offering.
As part of the Tax team, you will analyse existing and changing legislation and provide necessary input that powers the development of our compliance solutions specifically for Fonoa's Reporting product (which includes e-invoicing, Real-time reporting, SAF-T, and Fiscalization).
What you will be doing:
- Proactively and continually monitor legislative and regulatory developments concerning regulations affecting our Reporting product. These requirements are mainly related to indirect tax, accounting, and commercial legislation.
- Help determine the impact of regulatory changes on Fonoa’s solutions and provide detailed, timely, and accurate information regarding those changes to relevant colleagues, in order to implement those changes in Fonoa’s solutions.
- Supporting the Commercial team with relevent materials and joining them in client calls where appropriate.
- Explain and document legal requirements in clear language for internal and external audiences e.g. by conducting workshops for relevant teams, supporting clients by providing regulatory expertise, drafting regulatory documents, and keeping the market informed through webinars, blog posts and other external communications.
You would be a great fit if you:
- Have at least 2-5 years of experience with indirect tax compliance tools - the broader the geographical scope the better.
- Thorough understanding of Digital Reporting Requirements such as, Real-Time reporting, eReporting, SAF-T, Fiscalization etc
- Relevant Law, Business or Tax education and broad knowledge of
- EU and global indirect tax legislation, with the emphasis on Digital Reporting policies aimed at reducing the Tax Gap
- Have experience or designing Indirect tax or e-invoicing solutions or advised clients on such (i.e. Big 4)
- Experience within a fast-growing international organization
- Are curious, and like to understand how things work
- Like to solve problems, turning complex problems into simple solutions
- Are self-directed and capable to work autonomously
- Experience with indirect taxes as it relates to the distribution of digital services and physical products
- Detail orientated
- Ability to research and communicate technical tax issues clearly to non-tax team members and work effectively across all functional teams
- Have full professional proficiency in English, written and spoken
- Fintech, marketplace, and/or e-commerce experience is a big bonus
If you feel you don’t have the full experience we’re looking for but feel you could be a good fit, and are willing to learn, please do apply anyway! We are trying to build a diverse and inclusive team.
We enable companies worldwide to seamlessly handle their taxes when transacting online by providing outstanding products that automate their workflows. To build exceptional products, we are aware that we need great people. We offer a competitive, above-market rate base salary for this position and remain open to a specific range depending on candidates' experience. Also, we provide attractive equity to keep everyone positively incentivized.
As a remote-first company, we have a distributed team in more than 35 countries worldwide. We're a company filled with talented, energetic, and motivated people from all backgrounds who bring in their different perspectives to help us on our mission to make taxes simple. Please find out how we live our values and what inspires us to do amazing things together: https://fonoa.co/LifeAtFonoa
Sounds interesting? Please learn more reasons why you should join us.