Freemarket is an FCA Authorised Payment Institute based in central London specialising in cross boarder payments, FX and cash management services. Freemarket provides payment accounts to corporates, charities, and individuals. Freemarket was established in 2010 and is currently enjoying an accelerated period of growth across the business and is looking to build upon this growth by hiring additional compliance staff to support the organisation during this exciting period. This as a fantastic opportunity for a graduate to join a fast-growing Fintech. As a graduate you will have the ability to enhance your skills and progress your career with the support the of the compliance team and external compliance training.
You will be required to assist with
- Assist the Client Due Diligence Manager in management of the Compliance Administrators
- Support the Customer Due Diligence team by following procedures by undertaking client onboarding tasks for both corporate entities and individuals and ensuring Freemarket AML policy is followed.
- Supporting the compliance team with the on-going implementation of the organisation’s compliance and financial crime framework.
- Support the Transaction monitoring team by undertaking analysis and monitoring of transactions to include daily post and real time transaction monitoring. In addition, you will assist the team in collating weekly MI reports and statistics.
- Reviewing and carrying out PEP, Sanction and Adverse Media checks as necessary, ensuring ongoing checks are completed in a timely fashion and any false positives are recorded and escalated as required.
- Record keeping obligations are correctly adhered too and that customer records are filed accordingly, whilst ensuring customers information is always kept up to date.
- Liaising and responding to requests from Account Managers and the Operations teams and providing supporting with any ad-hoc compliance queries.
- Supporting the Head of Compliance with any ad-hoc duties including regulatory research, managing complaints, new industry reviews, risk assessments, regulatory reporting etc.
- Ensure you keep up to date with JMSLG and UK regulations such as PSD2, Wire Transfer Regulations, the 5th Money Laundering Directive.
- Complete Suspicious Activity reports and escalating these to the MLRO.
We are looking for 3-5 years experience in Financial Services Compliance team preferably Payments. The role would be suited to an analytical individual who is organised, and demonstrates good time management to prioritize tasks, alongside strong communication skills (written & verbal) and the ability to analyse and interpret data. The role is suited to a team player who shows initiative and is comfortable both working on their own and as part of a small team. You will display leadership skills, take initiative and be eager to learn. The successful candidate will have a fantastic opportunity to develop vital skills spanning Payments, Compliance, Risk and Anti-Money Laundering regulations.
What will we give you?
- Competitive package including base salary and discretionary bonus
- Hybrid working - work from home or the office, the office is based near London Bridge station
- Internal and external funded training - including professional study package provided by ICA (International Compliance Association).
- Private Healthcare, 5% pension contribution, Perkbox (platinum)... and more!