About FreemarketFX Limited
Freemarket (ranked #12 in The Sunday Times 100 Britain's fastest-growing private companies 2022) is a specialist in cross-border payments and currency exchange. We work with businesses to accelerate growth by giving them access to cross-border payments and currency exchange optimised for their needs. Freemarket does this by blending its own technology, insights, experience and industry connections with the best technology and banking service infrastructures available.
The opportunity is to join a Technology team that is at the beginning of a very exciting journey to a micro services architecture as we look to build out our APIs, developer portal, enhance our UI/UX and re-engineer key business and operational journeys. Our business is growing fast and has established a successful suite of products in the market and we’re now significantly ramping up our technical capacity and expertise to take advantage of the significant commercial opportunities we have. To enable us to achieve our plans we are doubling the size of the Technology team in the next 9 months. Through a thoughtful hiring approach, we believe we can bring additional exceptional technical talent into Freemarket who will solve complex business and engineering problems and contribute to our excellent work culture ensuring it remains a fantastic place to work. Collaboration and passion are key to our continued success, your ability to work and create with others within Technology and across the business is just as vital as your technological achievements.
Note that previous experience in payments or financial services is not required
We work in a multi-skilled team working side-by-side with Developers, Product Managers, DevOps and QA Engineers to ensure a consistently top-class product is delivered to our customers, in a way that is scalable within our business. We are at our best when the whole team is collaborating to deliver the best software we can.
- Provide QA support for the development team for both Web Applications and a RESTful API
- Document and improve the test processes within Freemarket
- Share in the design of both the web product and the RESTful API
- To help mentor and teach the existing QA engineer
- Advocate and lead best testing approaches to embed it into teams
- You are delivery focused, take pride in the work you undertake, and want to support your changes all the way to production.
- You write clean, maintainable tests and frameworks that others can contribute to.
- You enjoy pairing with other QAs or developers and mentoring
- You are happy setting priorities, and balancing the needs of testing with the business
- You are enthusiastic and motivated by continual improvement.
- You have great communication skills, and enjoy working with both on site and remote team members
- Desirable to have knowledge of finance and/or FX trading
Core Technical Skills
- Experience of undertaking Functional testing and Non-Functional testing such as, Performance, Load, Stress and Security testing
- Drive the importance of Quality throughout the entire SDLC
- Support and mentor QA team members
- Stakeholder management
- Creating test cases for new features, raising defects and tracking them to be fixed and tested
- Experience of supporting current automation tools and practises in use such as:
- Experience in Performance Testing (using JMeter, Blazemeter)
- Experience with CI/CD tools
- Knowledge of SQL
- Experience of working within Agile development teams with a BDD approach to help define and refine requirements
- Experience of analysing and identifying key areas for API automation and to find the best solution to implement
- Experience with API testing, manual and automation
- Experience with a querying language such as SQL.
- Good understanding of OO design patterns
Desirable Technical Skills
- ISTQB Foundation - Software Testing
- Degree or equivalent industry experience
- Microsoft Azure
- Good understanding of RESTful API, contributing to design of APIs
- Experience in testing web applications
- Testing Microservices/SOA and queue-based messaging system
- Experience of build and deployment tools like Octopus
- Experience using tools such as JIRA, Confluence
Monitoring and performance
- Experience in analysing performance during both development and when released in a live environment.
- Measuring page performance
- Measuring User journeys/experience
- Automated monitoring / measurement of errors/performance
Workflow / methodology
- Proactively monitor the performance of QA systems, build and deployment servers, following a DevOps culture.
- Semi – agile
- Daily stand-up
- Working with business stakeholders to define requirements
- Experience with remote workers an advantage