About FreemarketFX Limited
Freemarket works with businesses globally to accelerate their growth by giving them access to cross-border payments and currency exchange optimised for their treasury and operational needs. By providing aggregated banking access we do the heavy lifting around payments and FX, keeping it simple, fast and easy for our clients to do business anywhere, anytime.
Culturally, Freemarket is a business built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity and integrity. There is a positive energy working at Freemarket and an air of honesty and transparency. In short, it's the people who make Freemarket a success and an enjoyable work environment to be a part of.
Overview of the role:
- Responsible for the Banking partnership lead function at FreemarketFX, with day-to-day responsibility for managing the existing Banking network of Banks as well as growing that network to support the company’s geographic growth.
Responsibilities will include:
Leading the network partnership function, including:
- Maintaining strong relationships with the Banks (Relationship managers, Management team, Treasury) within each of our Banking partners.
- Look out for new network Banks to expand FMFX product capabilities with reference to additional currencies, new product lines for wider pay-out/collection reach,
- Accountable for completing all due diligence on Banks capabilities (existing and future).
- Coordinate with internal teams (compliance, IT, Ops & Commercial) from Banking partner identification, commercial discussions, onboarding documentation, IT integration etc.
- Single point of contact between FMFX and Banks.
- Ensure that FMFX have the correct number of Banks to support existing and future growth.
- Establishing and maintaining deep understanding of the Bank’s capabilities in line with FMFX requirements.
- Continuously review the payment landscape to develop, recommend, and implement new and creative approaches to growing FMFX network and product capabilities.
- Organise and lead regular service meetings with each Banks with a set agenda and agreed terms of reference, ensuring that any SLA’s in place with the Banks are adhered to or breaches reported back at service meetings.
- Cascade any market and regulatory change and how this will impact the FMFX business.
- Attend trade shows / conferences and travel to meet Banks based on the business requirements.
- This role reports into Head of Banking & Network relationships
The person we are looking for:
- Min 3 years’ experience in a Banking Partnership / Relationships function in the Fintech, payment industry or Banks.
- Understanding of Banking landscape across UK & EU.
- Good connections in Banking Industry.
- Demonstrated track record in delivering high-quality services associated to time-critical client business.
- A background of interaction and familiarity with Risk and Compliance protocols.
- Well versed with regulatory and compliance regime for payment companies.
- Ability to independently lead and manage projects
- Adaptable to a variety of different work and projects
- Self-starter, team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible, with excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities
- Ability to enhance existing and new relationships, and negotiate business opportunities
- Proven ability to implement strategic initiatives with efficiency, professionalism. Strong trouble shooting/problem solving skills