Gaia's mission begins with the world’s first IVF insurance product that predicts fertility outcomes and insures against the risk of failure, a major moment for modernising the family planning process. Underpinning our product is a proprietary predictive technology that adds a layer of certainty to an expensive, complicated, desperate, opaque but resolutely hopeful space.
We have raised $30million in funding to date, our A round at the end of 2021 was led by Atomico (read why here). We are FCA regulated, and trade on the Lloyd's of London market as a cover holder of Beazley.
About the role
As our Technical Lead, you will be supporting our cross-functional “full ownership” teams, collaborating with your product and design counterparts in every step of the process of building products from ideation, design, architecture, code, deployment, and maintenance. We’ve just gotten started and you'll play an integral role in shaping our product, culture, technology, ways of working, and future team.
We've recently launched our first product, the Gaia Plan, and will grow the team significantly next year and so you will focus your time around helping team/s make good decisions to build applications that scale. We are constantly looking at improving our processes, architectures, and technologies, as we continue to grow and face new challenges. You will have plenty of opportunities to help drive technical decisions for your team and the department at large.
If the above sounds like something that you may be interested in then read on to find out more. Even if you don’t hit all the points below we would still love to hear why you could be a great addition to us here at Gaia!
- Breaking down problems into manageable pieces, identifying risks and potential unknowns
- Managing technical standards and delivery processes within a team
- Providing technical leadership, mentorship, and support to other engineers
- Helping to set a long-term strategy of the technology and how it is architected
- Enabling decisions to be made by others in your team, at the right level
- You're comfortable organising, leading, and facilitating technical discussions
- You're interested in helping others grow and develop
- A keen learner, you regularly share your learnings with others and contribute to the wider tech community or aspire to do so
- You're passionate about high-level problems and spending less time in the code
- Communicating effectively with a diverse team comes naturally to you
- You have a user-centric approach to delivering software
- Working as part of a small, cross-functional team in close partnership with other disciplines is something you enjoy. We don't work in silos
- You can make trade-offs on technical work against business impact and like to iterate fast
- Experience leading engineers to build beautiful, clean, and intuitive web-based products
- Experience mentoring other engineers
- Love for the JS/TS ecosystem (and respect for it’s quirks!)
- Experience with or interest in "serverless" architectures is preferred but not required