Gaia's mission begins with the world’s first IVF insurance product that predicts fertility outcomes and insures against the risk of failure, a major moment for modernising the family planning process. Underpinning our product is a proprietary predictive technology that adds a layer of certainty to an expensive, complicated, desperate, opaque but resolutely hopeful space.
We have raised $30million in funding to date, our A round at the end of 2021 was led by Atomico (read why here). We are FCA regulated, and trade on the Lloyd's of London market as a cover holder of Beazley.
We are Gaia, the world's first IVF insurance.
Twice as many babies would have been born in the UK last year if people did just one more round of IVF. But it’s expensive. The difference between having a child or not should not be how rich you are.
So we help aspiring parents plan, pay for and protect their IVF journey, making IVF more accessible for more people. Because everyone who wants a family should have the chance to try.
We have raised $30 million in funding to date. Our A round at the end of 2021 was led by Atomico (read why here). We are FCA regulated, and trade on the Lloyd's of London market as a cover holder of Beazley.
We have also just launched our new brand, a brave representation of our commitment to breaking down the stigmas and barriers that so many face when building families. Now more than ever, words and content will be at the heart of everything we want to achieve.
What you’ll be doing
As Gaia’s first Copy Lead, you will be responsible for all words across our product, marketing, brand and community efforts. Together with our brand designer, you will form the core creative function of our brand and marketing team.
Reporting into and supporting the Content Lead, you will be:
- Crafting all brand & marketing copy, from web and email to ads and video scripts
- Creating and publishing patient-first content on our CMS based on briefs, with both user experience and keywords in mind
- Working collaboratively with the product team to craft copy for product journeys
- Engaging with our community lead and partnerships team, plus external subject matter experts, to find stories and make complex topics and ideas simple
- Maintaining and championing Gaia’s tone of voice
- Giving and receiving feedback through copy critique and creative reviews
Who you are
- You’re a great writer with consumer-facing experience. You can express ideas clearly as a headline, a blog post, or as microcopy
- You love language, reading, writing, sharing, and inspiring others
- You are more than happy to do longer form as well as button text
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment, and are used to juggling multiple projects
- Your portfolio shows a range of voices and the ability to distil complex ideas into a few tight lines
- You’re able to creatively interpret a brief, without losing sight of brand and commercial goals
- You love collaborating, but can also take a proactive, autonomous approach to your work
- You’re highly empathetic with a deep-rooted passion for storytelling
- You’re a grammar geek who knows rules – and when it’s best to break them
- Start-up experience and SEO knowledge is a plus
Salary banding: up to £45,000 + equity