Gaia's mission begins with the world’s first IVF insurance product that predicts fertility outcomes and insures against the risk of failure, a major moment for modernising the family planning process. Underpinning our product is a proprietary predictive technology that adds a layer of certainty to an expensive, complicated, desperate, opaque but resolutely hopeful space.
We have raised $30million in funding to date, our A round at the end of 2021 was led by Atomico (read why here). We are FCA regulated, and trade on the Lloyd's of London market as a cover holder of Beazley.
Everyone who wants a family should have the chance to try. For the 1 in 6 families that struggle to conceive, fertility treatments are an option but they are expensive. Because the difference between having a child or not should not be how rich you are, we created the world’s first IVF insurance allowing prospective parents to pursue treatment with the financial unknown.
About the role
We are looking for someone to join us as VP Finance and Risk and help achieve our mission of building 5,000 families by 2025.
We are looking for an experienced and strategic finance professional to join our executive team. You will manage and optimally fund Gaia’s business, own our unit economics to drive profitability and design the next generation of financial products for consumers and payors in the family building space.
You will be responsible for managing risk across the business. You will report to the CEO and be integral in leading Gaia through its next stage of growth.
We're happy for you to be based in either New York or London.
What you will own/lead
We’re looking for someone to lead financial risk, product pricing, unit economics and capital allocation across the business. This includes:
- Insurance: lead product pricing, optimise terms, manage risk (loss ratio)
- Credit: manage consumer credit model and relationships with debt providers
- Working capital: liquidity management and optimise working capital terms
- Product: design and price new products to ensure positive unit economics
- Optimise capital structure across insurance, credit and equity
- Own relationships with capital providers
- Build and lead a team across insurance, consumer finance, pricing, legal, compliance, finance and accounting
You’ll be a great candidate if you
- You have managed risk at a finance or insurance company
- You have the ability to think creatively around product & credit structuring
- You've got a good network with capital providers to support us through the next stage of expansion
- You have strong leadership skills with the ability to build and manage a world class team
- You've got excellent communication skills
- You're very happy to roll up your sleeves when needed
- You're able to leverage your experience to lead by example and proactively identify areas for improvement across the business
- You understand the responsibility of managing risk, legal & compliance across the business
What are we testing for?
- Your Insurance experience (or ability to understand/manage if no experience)
- Your Consumer finance experience (or ability to understand/manage if no experience)
- Do you think creatively about product/credit structuring?
- Do you have a good network with capital providers?
- Can you demonstrate you will be a good manager?
- Can you own and manage legal and compliance?
- How will you add value to the leadership team strategically?
- 10+ years of experience in Investment Banking, FIG, credit risk, structuring, trading
- You have experience in a Fintech startup
- You have managed a team
- Dependent on location - UK or US