Gaia's mission begins with the world’s first IVF insurance product that predicts fertility outcomes and insures against the risk of failure, a major moment for modernising the family planning process. Underpinning our product is a proprietary predictive technology that adds a layer of certainty to an expensive, complicated, desperate, opaque but resolutely hopeful space.
We have raised $30million in funding to date, our A round at the end of 2021 was led by Atomico (read why here). We are FCA regulated, and trade on the Lloyd's of London market as a cover holder of Beazley.
Everyone who wants a family should have the chance to try. For the 1 in 6 families that struggle to conceive, fertility treatments are an option but they are expensive. Because the difference between having a child or not should not be how rich you are, we created the world’s first IVF insurance allowing more prospective parents to pursue treatment and with increased financial flexibility.
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to create a human-centric and effective experience helping us realise our mission of helping parents create 5,000 families by 2025.
Fertility treatments are an emotionally, physically and financially taxing journey to tackle, and we want our Members to have a memorable experience with Gaia. You will do this by collaborating effectively across the business, product, operations, and tech team to deliver engaging experiences that help our customers and our business achieve our goals.
- You enjoy creating experiences that engage and delight.
- You are comfortable being nimble and experimenting with designs in a new arena with many opportunities.
- You are a systems thinker and a problem solver focused on coming up with innovative solutions.
- You have the ability to apply user-centred thinking to put yourselves in our member’s shoes to create solutions that delight our members and get them through a stressful journey.
- You are keen to delve deep into the complexities of the product, question assumptions, and collaborate to improve the experience.
- You can grasp the nuances and complexities of the Gaia product and translate it into an understandable, tangible product design.
- You are comfortable joining us as the sole product designer until we grow the team and deliver design solutions for large and small all priority projects big and small.
- You’re confident in leading by example and bringing others along in a collaborative cross-functional environment.
Your responsibilities include
- You will have autonomy as the sole product designer.
- You’ll take full ownership and responsibility for the end-to-end product design by applying design thinking across the customer journey.
- You will work collaboratively with product, engineering and member support to design, test and launch products that will guide our members through the process.
- You’ll influence team strategy and product decisions to solve problems and help our members have a delightful experience in what is a long and demanding process.
- You will be a confident voice in representing the needs of our members and the goals of our business as we make decisions on challenges and opportunities that will enhance the holistic member experience.
- You will lead interesting, complex, and sometimes ambiguous projects from concept to ship.
Requirements + nice-to-haves
- 7+ years of experience designing at consumer-focused product companies.
- An experienced practitioner and advocate of design thinking and a user-centred approach.
- Experience in designing complex propositions from scratch.
- Experience creating and evolving products with a clear and compelling end-to-end experience which gives customers the confidence to achieve their goals and even advocate for the product.
- Experience with user research practices such as research planning, conducting interviews and usability tests, and synthesising and communicating results.
- Advanced skills with Figma or similar products for designing and prototyping.
- Familiarity with the application of design systems.
- Proficiency in analysing user metrics and behaviour in tools such as Google Analytics.
- Up to £90k