Garden's mission is to keep developers productive and happy in the cloud-native era.
Docker, Kubernetes and other cloud-native technologies have made us better than ever at operating our systems in production, but the day-to-day development experience has been left lagging behind.
Developers spend less time in flow, and more time waiting for builds, debugging scripts, or otherwise fighting their tools. We're here to fix that.
Our platform—which includes our open source core product—allows developers to work on distributed systems with remote, production-like dev environments, while enjoying the same fast and frictionless feedback loops we've come to expect when developing a single service locally.
It's a platform that democratizes the kind of advanced developer tooling that only the largest software companies have the resources to build and maintain.
We're still a small team and you'd be joining at a time where you can have a huge impact on our product and our culture. If you've ever thought to yourself that something's not right with our modern development workflows, now's your chance to help fix it!
What you'll do
We recently released Garden Cloud, a platform for teams to complement our open-source core product. As a Senior Cloud Engineer, your main responsibility will be to work on the backend services of Garden Cloud and help guide its design and architecture.
- You’ll work with the entire team in planning, designing, and building out the various components of the Garden Cloud platform.
- You’ll use your experience with distributed systems and cloud native technology to guide the design and implementation of features that will be used by other cloud native engineers.
- You’ll use containers, Kubernetes and other cloud native technology as part of your day-to-day work.
Who we're looking for
Garden solves problems for teams developing distributed systems that can run on Kubernetes. We're looking for someone that understands the challenges that these teams face, and wants to join us in building developer tooling that helps our users overcome them.
- You have extensive experience with distributed systems (or micro-services) and the cloud native technologies used to build and run them. In particular you're familiar with Kubernetes.
- You have a solid background as an application developer. Experience with Node.js and Typescript is a plus, but not a requirement.
- You're passionate about developer tooling and productivity.
- You empathise with fellow cloud native developers, and understand the value in bringing them a good, frictionless developer experience.
- You're happy to work with a team that is still figuring a lot of things out, and values trust, openness, and collaboration while doing so.