Garden's mission is to keep developers productive and happy in the cloud-native era.
Docker, Kubernetes and other cloud-native technologies have made us better than ever at operating our systems in production, but the day-to-day development experience has been left lagging behind.
Developers spend less time in flow, and more time waiting for builds, debugging scripts, or otherwise fighting their tools. We're here to fix that.
Our platform—which includes our open source core product—allows developers to work on distributed systems with remote, production-like dev environments, while enjoying the same fast and frictionless feedback loops we've come to expect when developing a single service locally.
It's a platform that democratizes the kind of advanced developer tooling that only the largest software companies have the resources to build and maintain.
We're still a small team and you'd be joining at a time where you can have a huge impact on our product and our culture. If you've ever thought to yourself that something's not right with our modern development workflows, now's your chance to help fix it!
What you'll do
As a DevRel at Garden, you'll elevate our profile in the community by engaging with developers, operators and product owners.
There are a great many companies out there struggling to stay productive while developing modern systems. When they look around for solutions, they find themselves presented with a bewildering landscape of tools and frameworks, and wind up with more questions than answers.
By engaging with the developer community, you'll help prospective users understand how Garden can solve their specific problems and give them the confidence they need to make the transition to a better, more productive way to develop cloud-native systems.
- You'll develop content in collaboration with our engineering team, create videos and case studies and spread the word about Garden on social media.
- You won't be expected to do tech support, or to write detailed technical documentation, but rather to understand what our community most needs from our engineering team and how best to communicate the value of Garden to prospective users.
- You'll actively engage with curious developers, and play a key role in cultivating and growing a vibrant, friendly community of users.
Who we're looking for
Our products are first and foremost geared towards improving the productivity of developers working with complex systems. And developers are a tough crowd.
That's why we're looking for someone that has experience working with these kinds of systems and understands the frustration that friction and poor developer experience bring about.
- You're a sociable, empathetic person who enjoys helping developers overcome the obstacles in their day-to-day work, and you're passionate about making software development more fun and productive.
- You're an excellent communicator.
- You have some experience with Docker, Kubernetes and/or other cloud-native technologies. We definitely don't expect the skill-set of an SRE, but curiosity about the technologies at hand is a big plus.
- You're happy to work with a team that is still figuring a lot of things out, and values trust, openness, and collaboration while doing so.