Garden's mission is to keep developers productive and happy in the cloud-native era.
Docker, Kubernetes, and other cloud-native technologies have made us better than ever at operating our systems in production, but the day-to-day development experience has been left lagging.
Developers spend less time in flow, and more time waiting for builds, debugging scripts, or otherwise fighting their tools. We're here to fix that.
Our platform—which includes our open source core product—allows developers to work on distributed systems in remote, production-like dev environments while enjoying the fast and frictionless feedback loops we've expected when developing a single service locally.
It's a platform that democratizes the kind of advanced developer tooling that only the largest software companies have the resources to build and maintain.
We're still a small team and you'd be joining at a time where you can have a huge impact on our product and our culture. If you've ever thought to yourself that something's not right with our modern development workflows, now's your chance to help fix it!
What you'll do
CSMs will be responsible for managing our nearest and dearest customer relationships. We truly care about the Developer experience and have designed a strategic post-sales customer journey that keeps our customers on the right path. We believe that CSMs should be provided with the right resources, data, and support needed to keep our customers happy. It is not just about the customer experience, it is about your work experience too.
As a Customer Success Manager, you'll be responsible for working with our customers to help them adopt Garden. You will be aligned with a technical Delivery Lead and work in a pod structure. Your job will be technical in nature but you will not be the customer's main technical resource.
More specifically, you will:
- Own the post-sales customer journey from implementation to renewals
- Conduct success check-ins, QBRs, retrospectives, and roadmap reviews
- Coordinate with cross-functional partners to provide technical pairing sessions and consult on best practices
- Create success plans for your book of business in order to increase engagement and align with customer initiatives
- Advocate on behalf of our customers
- Collect product feedback and communicate it internally
- Track customer health metrics
- Build and support customer champions through referrals and case studies
- Help customers reach product adoption milestones
- Create strong relationships with key stakeholders and utilize our executive alignment program
- Use insights to track product utilization and educate customers on new features
- Promote the Garden vision and future roadmap
Who we're looking for
Our products are first and foremost geared towards improving the productivity of developers working with complex systems. We are looking for CSMs that are solutions-oriented. We believe in promoting our teammates’ strengths. Everyone has their own special skills and we want to know yours. Here are some that we are looking for.
- You are empathetic and passionate about the customer experience
- You are growth minded and understand that we impact growth through successful product adoption
- You have experience in managing strong executive relationships
- You are happy to work with a team that is still figuring a lot of things out, values trust, openness, and collaboration while doing so
Nice to haves:
- You have worked with DevOps teams, and are enthusiastic about learning new technologies in a hands-on way
- You have a solid understanding of cloud technologies in general
- You are a good listener who likes customer-facing work, enjoys patiently explaining things and helping people overcome their technical challenges
We're a small team that tries to keep things simple and lean—and that applies to our interview process as well.
The first step is a 45-minute intro call. The goal is to give both parties a chance to get to know one another, ask questions, discuss the role and culture at Garden. This is also where we discuss salary band and availability.
The next step is a 60-minute panel with a CSM and one cross-functional partner. If we are both excited to work together we will take the next steps to make sure that happens!