Garden's mission is to keep developers productive and happy in the cloud-native era.
Docker, Kubernetes, and other cloud-native technologies have made us better than ever at operating our systems in production, but the day-to-day development experience has been left lagging.
Developers spend less time in flow, and more time waiting for builds, debugging scripts, or otherwise fighting their tools. We're here to fix that.
Our platform—which includes our open source core product—allows developers to work on distributed systems in remote, production-like dev environments while enjoying the fast and frictionless feedback loops we've expected when developing a single service locally.
It's a platform that democratizes the kind of advanced developer tooling that only the largest software companies have the resources to build and maintain.
We're still a small team and you'd be joining at a time when you can have a huge impact on our product and our culture. If you've ever thought to yourself that something's not right with our modern development workflows, now's your chance to help fix it!
What you'll do
We're looking for an experienced Content Manager to help bring the Garden brand to life on our website, blog, community, and social channels. As a Marketing team member, you’ll develop a strong understanding of and empathy toward Garden users. You’ll leverage that knowledge to create compelling stories that educate prospects, bolster customers, and develop SEO-targeted content. You’ll work cross-functionally with key stakeholders and subject matter experts to tell success stories, build customer champions, and create content opportunities that support both marketing and our go-to-market teams.
- You will drive storytelling at Garden in all channels (blog posts, social media, case studies, etc.)
- You will collaborate with technical subject matter experts to shape conversations around the future of DevOps automation and create technical documentation
- You will develop a content strategy consistent with the Garden brand
- You will lead the content creation and editing process with cross-functional support from the team
- You will evaluate new opportunities to educate and expand new and existing customers
Who we're looking for
Our products are first and foremost geared towards improving the productivity of developers working with complex systems. We are looking for a Content Manager that can understand and bring our vision to life. You will be fully supported by technical counterparts. We believe in promoting our teammates’ strengths. Everyone has their special skills and we want to know yours. Here are some that we are looking for.
- You love to think creatively about content creation
- You understand how to create and distribute content that will engage developers, SREs, and technical users
- You can manage the content creation lifecycle from start to finish
- You can create and track KPIs to measure the performance of the content
- You enjoy collaborating with cross-functional team members
We're a small team that tries to keep things simple and lean—and that applies to our interview process as well.
The first step is a 45-minute intro call. The goal is to give both parties a chance to get to know one another, ask questions, discuss the role and culture at Garden. This is also where we discuss salary band and availability.
The next step is a 60-minute panel with a Founder and one cross-functional partner. If we are both excited to work together we will take the next steps to make sure that happens!