Garden's mission is to keep developers productive and happy in the cloud-native era.
Docker, Kubernetes, and other cloud-native technologies have made us better than ever at operating our systems in production, but the day-to-day development experience has been left lagging.
Developers spend less time in flow, and more time waiting for builds, debugging scripts, or otherwise fighting their tools. We're here to fix that.
Our platform—which includes our open source core product—allows developers to work on distributed systems in remote, production-like dev environments while enjoying the fast and frictionless feedback loops we've expected when developing a single service locally.
It's a platform that democratizes the kind of advanced developer tooling that only the largest software companies have the resources to build and maintain.
We're still a small team and you'd be joining at a time when you can have a huge impact on our processes and our culture.
We’re looking for an Accounting Manager (m/f/d) to support our team in Berlin as soon as possible.
What you will do:
- Support in the preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements as well as internal reporting according to HGB and IFRS.
- Build balance sheets, income statements and cash flow statements from scratch according to US GAAP or IFRS.
- Lead the implementation of an internal accounting system that allows for accounting at the levels of both our US and German entities
- Collaborate with and support other internal departments on tax and financial accounting issues and projects.
- Execution of remittances and payments.
- Manage day-to-day (preparatory) bookkeeping.
- Reconcile invoices and identify discrepancies.
- Issue invoices to customers.
- Liaise with our external accountancy firm.
Who we are looking for:
- 2+ years of relevant experience in accounting, bookkeeping, finance or similar field, ideally in a StartUp environment.
- A Bachelor's degree with a focus on finance/accounting or comparable qualification.
- Sound knowledge of US-GAAP or IFRS as well as HGB.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- You have strong communication skills and are fluent in English.
- You have strong organizational skills and keep a cool head even in stressful situations.
- You have a distinctive analytical and structured way of thinking and working coupled with a high degree of initiative.
- You have familiarity and comfort with financial, accounting and business systems software and SaaS.
It would be great if:
- You have a strong command of German.
Our recruitment process:
We’re eager to fill this role, so we aim to keep the process as efficient as possible. Advancing in the process will be strongly influenced by your performance in our technical exercise.
- You will meet with Dylan Riley, our VP Finance, for a 30-minute screening call.
- We’ll ask you to build a small three-statement model based on transactions in a technical exercise.
- You’ll have a quick 15-minute review of the technical exercise with Dylan, followed by 30-minute chats with Kateryna Kryliuk, our Financial Analyst, and Marlen Kruegener, our Director of People.
What we offer you:
- We have a remote-first mentality, you can work flexibly from your home office or in our office in Berlin.
- An attractive salary and flexible working hours.
- An Urban Sports Club membership.
- An annual Learning stipend of 2000 euros.
- 30 days of vacation per year.
- Great colleagues and an international working atmosphere with English as the company language.
- Flat hierarchies, open communication and short decision-making processes.
- Free drinks and snacks in our office.