Garden's mission is to keep developers productive and happy in the cloud-native era.
Docker, Kubernetes, and other cloud-native technologies have made us better than ever at operating our systems in production, but the day-to-day development experience has been left lagging behind.
Developers spend less time in flow, and more time waiting for builds, debugging scripts, or otherwise fighting their tools. We're here to fix that.
Our platform, which includes our open source core and cloud enterprise product, allows developers to work on distributed systems in remote, production-like dev environments while enjoying the same fast and frictionless feedback loops we've come to expect when developing a single service locally.
It's a platform that democratizes the kind of advanced developer tooling that only the largest software companies have the resources to build and maintain.
We're still a small team and you'd be joining at a time when you can have a huge impact on our product and our culture. If you've ever thought to yourself that something's not right with our modern development workflows, now's your chance to help fix it!
What you'll do
We are seeking a talented and experienced Technical Marketer with a strong background in DevOps. In this role, you will be responsible for creating compelling and educational content for our website, including blog articles, videos, tutorials, and other marketing materials. Your primary objective will be to engage and educate our target audience, which consists of developers, DevOps engineers, and technical decision-makers.
- Content Creation: Develop well-researched, technically rigorous blog posts and videos around DevOps-related topics such as containerization, CI/CD, infrastructure automation, and cloud-native practices.
- Tutorial Development: Create step-by-step tutorials and guides that demonstrate best practices and practical use cases for using Garden.io's products and services in DevOps workflows.
- Technical Evangelism: Collaborate with the marketing team to identify opportunities for thought leadership and industry engagement. Contribute to webinars, conferences, and other events to showcase Garden.io's expertise in the DevOps space.
- Content Strategy: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and execute content strategies that align with business goals, target audience interests, and market trends. Help shape the content calendar and ensure timely delivery of content.
Who we're looking for
- Hands-On DevOps Experience: Demonstrated experience and knowledge of DevOps principles, tools, and practices, including containerization (Docker, Kubernetes), CI/CD, infrastructure-as-code, and cloud platforms.
- Technical Writing Skills: Exceptional written communication skills with the ability to explain complex technical concepts concisely and clearly. Experience in writing technical blog articles, tutorials, or documentation is highly desirable.
- Excellent Communication Skills: Exceptional verbal communication skills, with the ability to convey complex technical concepts to a diverse audience. Experience in public speaking, presenting, or delivering technical workshops is a plus.
- Continuous Learning: Passion for staying up-to-date with the latest trends and advancements in DevOps, cloud-native technologies, and related fields. Willingness to learn and adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- If you are a technically-minded marketer with a passion for DevOps and a knack for creating engaging content, we would love to hear from you. Join us at Garden.io and help us empower developers and DevOps teams worldwide with our cutting-edge solutions.
We're a small team that tries to keep things simple and lean—and that applies to our interview process as well.
The first step is a 45-minute intro call. The goal is to give both parties a chance to get to know one another and ask questions and discuss the role and culture at Garden.
The next step is a writing assignment, where we can see how you would go about creating a blog post, followed by a 60-minute pairing session with members from our Community Engineering team or Product team.