Gelato has built the world's largest and most global platform for on-demand production and fulfillment of customized products. Today, those products are part of huge markets, such as apparel, wall-art, drinkware, digitally printed books, greeting cards. In the future, the market opportunities are endless thanks to new technologies such as 3D printing. We support a new wave of e-commerce entrepreneurs to sell their creativity globally, with a more local and sustainable production. With local production and exact matching of supply and demand, there is no waste, and carbon emissions are reduced.We support a new wave of e-commerce entrepreneurs and the global shift towards local and more sustainable production.
We own no assets - we build the software that connects world-class production facilities all across the world. We have more than 100 production partners in 32 countries. In 72 hours we can reach more than 5 billion people with customized products in a smarter, faster, and greener way.
Optimalprint is an e-commerce leader in personalized photo and design products for consumers across 23 markets in Europe, North America, Australia and New Zealand. The brand is growing rapidly by delivering high-quality products, quickly, affordably, and sustainably because they are produced locally.
Optimalprint has the highest customer satisfaction scores in all its markets (measured independently) and the highest-rated photo printing app in the App Store and Google Play store. We are working hard to innovate and continue to bring new products and the best user experience to the market. For our customers, Optimalprint represents a smarter and more sustainable way of bringing their memories into their daily lives or shop for designs to wear and/or decorate their homes.
Optimalprint is part of Gelato, and our culture is best described as team-oriented with highly energized and open-minded people from the best companies and schools in the world. Almost everyone in the team has a different nationality and comes from different parts of the world. We are highly motivated, led by experienced executives and entrepreneurs, and backed by global investors with a solid track record.
As a VP of Customer Acquisition, your leadership will help drive our business forward with energy and pace. Your responsibility covers two brands, Optimalprint (BTC) and Gelato (BTBTC) and a highly skilled team across SEM, SEO, Paid Social, Affiliate, Influencers and Referrals. We solve problems rapidly, wielding data and intuition in equal measure, and finding innovative approaches to many of the complex challenges we encounter as we continue to scale our business. You will help organize and prioritize work motivating our team to deliver world class acquisition strategies across digital channels. Few roles provide such a direct impact on the growth of the company. You will be a key member of the marketing and growth leadership team and will work collaboratively across the different teams and senior stakeholders to align the company behind our vision and goals.
What you will be doing
Responsible for managing, growing and optimizing all campaigns and initiatives for acquiring new customers across paid digital channels, such as SEM (Google Ads, Microsoft Ads), Paid Social, video, display, mobile app acquisition, retargeting and others.
- Responsible for managing, growing and optimizing all campaigns and initiatives for acquiring new customers across organic digital channels, such as SEO, Referrals,
- Responsible for cross channel attribution systems and using these to optimize budget allocation between markets and channels on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Develop and grow a highly effective team, establishing clear responsibilities, budget allocation, metrics, priorities and individual career goals.
- Drive the overall customer acquisition strategy and produce the annual budgeting plan based on our objectives and targets.
- Lead the end-to-end ongoing reporting and analytics within customer acquisition; define and track lead forecasts and KPIs.
- Analyze and interpret market and competitor information; identify underlying drivers of change and trends within customer acquisition.
- Develop and manage a budget to bring about the best in practice spend and organizational effectiveness.
- Advocate for the customers to internal stakeholders. Share user feedback and insights to Product Managers and the Engineering team on the innovation and improvement needed to optimize the funnel and user experience.
- Work closely with our global team members, including Category Managers, Marketing Managers, Creative Project Managers and channel owners.
- Proactively recommend and implement opportunities to improve internal tools and processes.
- Various ad-hoc tasks in line with your role and experience.
Who you are
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to have a start-up mentality. Be a proactive self-starter who thrives working autonomously without much guidance in a fast-changing world. You are committed to excel with energy and endurance while you understand that building a company is hard but satisfying work. You have superior communication skills, high integrity and great attention to detail. You have strong analytical skills and the ability to collect, analyze, and interpret large sets of data to make informed business decisions.
You are truly passionate about acquiring new customers through digital channels. You have incredible stamina, resilience, and grit. You’re a doer, who changes until winning. You feel comfortable getting your hands’ dirty while never losing sight of the long-term ambition, this quarter’s budget, and today’s customers.
Moreover, we would like to see evidence of the following in your profile:
- 5+ years of experience (at least 3+ years in a Leadership position) leading customer acquisition for a high-growth B2C ecommerce company.
- Experience in enhancing and managing a customer acquisition plan and operations across digital channels including campaigns, execution, reporting and analysis.
- Advanced knowledge of the digital marketing landscape and emerging technologies and trends, especially around AI, automation and new digital channels.
- Data-driven mindset: A deep understanding of how to use data to inform decision-making, and the ability to use data to identify new opportunities.
- Strong problem-solving skills: The ability to identify and solve complex problems related to customer acquisition and revenue growth.
- Strategic thinking: The ability to think strategically about the company's overall acquisition goals and how to achieve them.
- Strong communication and presentation skills: The ability to effectively communicate and present data-driven insights and recommendations to key stakeholders within the company.
- You have a great understanding of how a successful ecommerce business operates and what functions are critical for scalable expansion.
- Excellent, proven organizational skills, including strong attention to detail, and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong listening and superior relationship-building skills.
- High intellectual curiosity, drive, determination, self-confidence, and communication skills.
What it’s like to work at Gelato
We are a customer-obsessed team with the ambition to change the world by connecting technology to the printing industry and making it much more sustainable. Everyone who joins our team must feel genuinely intrigued and motivated by our mission. We expect a lot. We are a driven team with big goals, so we seek individuals who are genuinely passionate about their work and possess an entrepreneurial spirit. Our culture is unique and we live by our values, so it's worth learning more about our culture and how we work before presenting your application.