Gelato has built the world's largest and most global platform for on-demand production and fulfillment of customized products. Today, those products are part of huge markets, such as apparel, wall-art, drinkware, digitally printed books, greeting cards. In the future, the market opportunities are endless thanks to new technologies such as 3D printing. We support a new wave of e-commerce entrepreneurs to sell their creativity globally, with a more local and sustainable production. With local production and exact matching of supply and demand, there is no waste, and carbon emissions are reduced.We support a new wave of e-commerce entrepreneurs and the global shift towards local and more sustainable production.
We own no assets - we build the software that connects world-class production facilities all across the world. We have more than 100 production partners in 32 countries. In 72 hours we can reach more than 5 billion people with customized products in a smarter, faster, and greener way.
Following our global expansion, we are looking for a passionate IT Engineer/Manager, with great technical expertise, to support our colleagues day-to-day activities and join our efforts of securing Gelato cyber-assets.
We are looking for people who want to contribute to Gelato's agility. We’d love to talk to you if you’re a talented individual who is passionate about solving complex IT issues and crafting scalable processes. We are enablers who make it easier for our colleagues to unleash their creativity in the digital space.
Reporting directly to VP of Information Security, you will work closely with every single colleague in Gelato as well as with our business partners. There are no direct reports under this role.
What you will be doing
- Provide day to day technical maintenance, troubleshooting and support to Gelato's internal IT systems, including internet connectivity for employees based in Gelato offices across the globe.
- Provide all levels of IT support and training to internal staff, collaborating with internal and external resources (vendors) as necessary to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Standardize software, equipment, and processes across the company
- Develop and document new support and operations processes
- Manage equipment orders, tools access, setup, and configuration for new hires, contractors, and Gelato partners
- Secure user's account information, including access, permissions, and systems groups, and perform system administration functions
- Track, maintain and own costs for Gelato's hardware and software inventory; manage software updates, assets, and licenses
- With the assistance of the procurement team, manage IT partnerships and purchase of products or services as required for IT projects
- Prepare and present metrics, activity and progress reports regarding projects, tasks, and operations
- Use automation to improve current IT processes, by implementing of the shelf solutions and writing your own automation scripts.
Who you are
To be successful in this role you will need to have a start-up mentality. You are committed to excel with energy and endurance while you understand that building a company is very hard but that is what you want to achieve. You have superior communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, high integrity, and great attention to detail. You are a natural and comfortable leader, have excellent problem-solving, organizational, and analytical skills. You are interested in keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise. You are a self-starter with the ability to excel with little to no direction. You are naturally curious. You have the ability to think creatively and holistically about reducing risk in a complex environment.
You will probably have a background in IT administration, engineering, helpdesk support or worked as a network administrator in the past. On top of this, you spent 3 or more years on a role focusing on IT management, having performed some of the activities detailed above. You are excellent at articulating vision and planning execution of projects.
Moreover, we would like to see evidence of the following in your profile:
- Experience with IT support systems such as ticketing systems and call center systems
- Experience with cloud solutions such as AWS, Google Workspace and GCP, as well as programming or scripting experience (python, PHP, bash, or any others).
- 5+ years experience in IT Support, or a related discipline.
- Experience understanding of implementation requirements for at least one IT service management (ITSM) framework, such as COBIT, ITIL, etc.
- Fluent in English with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience leading teams is considered an advantage.
- A degree (Master’s is a plus) in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
What it’s like to work at Gelato
We are a customer-obsessed team with the ambition to change the world by connecting technology to the printing industry and making it much more sustainable. Everyone who joins our team must feel genuinely intrigued and motivated by our mission. We expect a lot. We are a driven team with big goals, so we seek individuals who are genuinely passionate about their work and possess an entrepreneurial spirit. Our culture is unique and we live by our values, so it's worth learning more about our culture and how we work before presenting your application.