Gelato has built the world's largest and most global platform for on-demand production and fulfillment of customized products. Today, those products are part of huge markets, such as apparel, wall-art, drinkware, digitally printed books, greeting cards. In the future, the market opportunities are endless thanks to new technologies such as 3D printing. We support a new wave of e-commerce entrepreneurs to sell their creativity globally, with a more local and sustainable production. With local production and exact matching of supply and demand, there is no waste, and carbon emissions are reduced.We support a new wave of e-commerce entrepreneurs and the global shift towards local and more sustainable production.
We own no assets - we build the software that connects world-class production facilities all across the world. We have more than 100 production partners in 32 countries. In 72 hours we can reach more than 5 billion people with customized products in a smarter, faster, and greener way.
We own no physical production assets, nor servers, instead our asset is a cloud based connectivity platform that enables world-class on-demand production for e-commerce platforms and applications. This engineered platform needs to provide our customers access to more than 130 production partners in 32 countries and includes production plate design, routing to an appropriate partner, finally linking to logistics’ systems for delivery to the consumer. All this in 72 hours and reaching more than 5 billion people and potential consumers in a smarter, faster, and greener way.
Imagine a seamless production platform that empowers our B2C, B2B, and SaaS customers to innovate with speed, security, and boundless scalability. At the heart of this vision stands our Platform Team, committed to delivering an exceptional cloud-native foundation that fuels Gelato's engineering prowess.
Our mission is to empower Gelato's engineering teams with world-class infrastructure that pioneers new frontiers in accelerating delivery and optimizing our production platform. This mission encompasses critical facets of our platform: rock-solid reliability, visionary systems for observability, agile deployment strategies and the cutting-edge realms of DevOps, DevSecOps, and FinOps.
What you will do
- Lead and inspire a team of engineers on their quest to craft an exceptional SaaS platform that is not just highly available, but exceptionally scalable and profoundly efficient. Harness the power of cutting-edge cloud platforms, visionary tools, and the wisdom of best practices to shape the future of our digital landscape.
- Embrace the role of a thought leader, and make it your mission to be the catalyst in propelling our vision and strategy forward, championing with unwavering zeal, while cultivating an environment of collaboration that breathes life into our collective aspirations.
- Build an Internal Developer Platform to enhance developer experience, boost productivity, and optimize DevOps efficiency throughout our software development lifecycle.
- Collaborate with Engineering teams to build resilient cloud applications, automating deployments, implementing monitoring and alerting solutions, and driving an Infrastructure as Code (IaC) approach to strengthen the DevOps culture within Gelato Engineering.
- Celebrate the opportunity to champion the continuous availability of our platform, an unwavering commitment that includes active participation in our on-call rotation.
Who you are
- A bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in cloud infrastructure,DevOps and platform development.
- A passion for building scalable and efficient SaaS platforms, strong expertise in leading cloud service providers, such as AWS, Azure, or GCP , and best practices.
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD pipelines, configuration management, and containerization technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes) to support efficient DevOps practices in the SaaS environment.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, or Go, and hands-on experience with modern platform development and infrastructure automation.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, thriving in fast-paced, collaborative environments, and delivering high-quality SaaS products within the production platform.
- Outstanding leadership and communication skills, effectively conveying complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders, fostering collaboration and alignment.
- Experience in mentoring and leading SRE/DevOps teams, cultivating a culture of collaboration and growth to deliver scalable and reliable SaaS solutions.
What it’s like to work at Gelato
We are a customer-obsessed team with the ambition to change the world by connecting technology to the printing industry and making it much more sustainable. Everyone who joins our team must feel genuinely intrigued and motivated by our mission. We expect a lot. We are a driven team with big goals, so we seek individuals who are genuinely passionate about their work and possess an entrepreneurial spirit. Our culture is unique and we live by our values, so it's worth learning more about our culture and how we work before presenting your application.