Here at Generation Home, we have an ambitious goal: Helping everyone to become a homeowner.
Increasing prices, stagnant wages, high rents, and insufficient housing stock have put homeownership permanently out of reach for too many.
We are on a mission to transform the housing market: We’re broadening access to homeownership for aspiring first-time buyers, simplifying the home-buying process, and promoting our customers’ financial wellbeing through the smarter management of their home finances. Backed by leading institutional & angel investors, and a rapidly growing team, we’re set for an exceptional 2022.
The challenge is huge and we are looking for passionate people with diverse skills and backgrounds to add to our rapidly growing team. And that’s where you come in:
As the first UX Researcher within the team, you’ll get the opportunity to own this space and create a framework for the business to follow when it comes to drawing new insights!
The design team is currently a centralised unit that works with multiple cross-functional product teams, meaning you need to be comfortable working with Product Managers, Engineers, Senior Management and our Operations team.
Day to day responsibilities:
- As a company, we’re reinventing what it means to be a mortgage lender. That means we’ve got a real need for high-quality exploratory research. You’ll be tasked with creating an insights bank to enable our product teams to deliver real value to our customers.
- Build a research framework to empower product teams to perform operational, evaluative and generative research in a structured and impactful way.
- Evaluate solutions, and identify new propositions by uncovering customer needs and feedback.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Owned, run and synthesised large research projects across the spectrum of research types.
- Excellent qualitative research skills, and bonus points if you’ve done some quant too.
- Experience across a range of methodologies (especially ethnographic studies, with interviews, diary studies and shadowing in your arsenal).
- Worked on a live customer-facing product and with a product team.
- A background in a startup, scale-up, or consumer-driven environment.
- Problem-solving skills: Mortgages are complicated! We need you to dig deep into complex problems and define solutions clearly.
The application process consists of a video call to discuss the role and the team, a portfolio review and skills assessment with the Hiring Manager, and a couple of get-to-know calls with the team. There won’t be any brain teasers or trick questions!
What we have to offer
- A competitive salary, depending on skills and experience
- Meaningful Equity Shares
- £1,000 annual training budget
- Private Health Care with Vitality
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Mental wellbeing support: access therapy and mental health sessions through Spill
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays
- Regular Lunch and Learns
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- £300 yearly BEAM contributions on your behalf
- Flexible working
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and our external handbook for candidates in order to get a good overview of Generation Home.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
We want everyone to become a homeowner. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team. We are looking for talented individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We believe that we can all do the best work of our lives when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.