Here at Generation Home, we have an ambitious goal: Helping everyone to become a homeowner.
Increasing prices, stagnant wages, high rents, and insufficient housing stock have put homeownership permanently out of reach for too many.
We are on a mission to transform the housing market: We’re broadening access to homeownership for aspiring first-time buyers, simplifying the home-buying process, and promoting our customers’ financial wellbeing through the smarter management of their home finances. Backed by leading institutional & angel investors, and a rapidly growing team, we’re set for an exceptional 2022.
The challenge is huge and we are looking for passionate people with diverse skills and backgrounds to add to our rapidly growing team. And that’s where you come in:
So far, we’ve built a new type of digital lender focused on helping individuals get on the housing ladder. Next, we’re building a SaaS platform that will allow us to offer our game-changing products powered by the finance of various lenders.
This platform will enable us to offer the best products at market-beating prices, putting more first time buyers into homes. We’re also building a conveyancing team, loan sizing and credit strategy automation, improving our accounting system and developing our insurance products.
These plans need exceptional software engineers interested in fixing a large, broken market in the following ways:
- Working cross-functionally: We work in small, cross-functional teams with occasional ops and commercial team members. You will work closely with other teams to understand customer pain points and create solutions.
- Product development: Our engineers work on the end to end delivery of our products. This approach includes identifying opportunities to help get our customers into homes, building solutions, rollout, learning from our progress and iterating.
- Full-stack development: We work across the stack in many capacities, including web development, integrating partner solutions, customer application flows, backend accounting systems, tools for our operational teams, building APIs and much more.
We look for Software Engineers who:
- Have a few years of backend/full-stack commercial experience building software products.
- Care deeply about customers: we measure our success by how many people we bring into homes. If you're excited about solving customer problems, let us know!
- Are great to get along with: If you're a team player, we'd love to hear from you.
- Are open to different technologies and tasks: Our engineering team is available to diverse coding backgrounds if you're willing to play with Ruby on Rails, React and TypeScript.
- Look for hybrid work with 1-2 days a week on-site.
Nice to have
- Experience using Ruby on Rails, React and TypeScript.
- In-house experience building and iterating on customer-focused products.
The interview process is via video and involves a tech interview (1hr30m), a values interview (1hr30m) and a call with our founder/head of engineering (30-45m).
What we have to offer
- £30,000 £85,000 base salary
- Meaningful Equity Shares
- £1,000 annual training budget
- Private Health Care
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Online mental health support via Spill
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays
- Regular Lunch and Learns
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- £300 yearly BEAM contributions on your behalf
- Flexible working (minimum 1-2 days a week on-site)
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and our external handbook for candidates in order to get a good overview of Generation Home.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
We want everyone to become a homeowner. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team. We are looking for talented individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We believe that we can all do the best work of our lives when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.