Here at Generation Home, we have an ambitious goal: Helping everyone to become a homeowner.
Increasing prices, stagnant wages, high rents, and insufficient housing stock have put homeownership permanently out of reach for too many.
We are on a mission to transform the housing market: We’re broadening access to homeownership for aspiring first-time buyers, simplifying the home-buying process, and promoting our customers’ financial wellbeing through the smarter management of their home finances. Backed by leading institutional & angel investors, and a rapidly growing team, we’re set for an exceptional 2023.
The challenge is huge and we are looking for passionate people with diverse skills and backgrounds to add to our rapidly growing team. And that’s where you come in:
To complement our mortgage lending business, we are launching a conveyancing business to provide the same type and level of service - value-for-money conveyancing with the customer experience at its heart.
We are at a crucial point in our journey and you can have a real and significant impact on the direction and growth of Generation Home Legal as part of the Generation Home Group. We’re looking for a Senior Conveyancer as determined as we are to deliver a conveyancing business that helps customers buy better and sooner, in conjunction with Generation Home. As a Senior Conveyancer, you will:
- provide a high-quality legal service to the firm’s clients in relation to their conveyancing transactions
- contribute to the growth and development of the firm
- supervise other members of staff as required, eg assistant, paralegal
- Conduct own cases and assist other conveyancing fee-earners as and when required in providing advice and representation to the firm’s clients
- Build strong working relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders
- Carry out duties in a professional manner, comply with relevant professional standards and any requirement set by your own and the firm’s relevant regulators, including the CLC and the SRA
- Develop and maintain the competencies necessary to provide a proper standard of service to clients and maintain a record of professional development
We’re looking for a Senior Conveyancer with:
- At least three years PQE working in a busy conveyancing practice
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good oral and written communication skills
- IT literacy, capable of utilising the firm’s streamlined bespoke case management system and working in a paperless office
- Commercial and financial awareness, including the ability to take responsibility for financial control of your client matters
- Able to develop positive relationships with clients and manage client expectations
- Effective prioritisation with the ability to meet deadlines and manage time effectively
- Open to new ideas and should be excited to help Generation Home Legal drive change in the conveyancing industry
Our interview process for our Senior Conveyancer opportunity consists of three stages; a 45-minute video call with our recruiter, a 1.5hr on-site meeting with our Head of Conveyancing and Head of Legal, and a 45-minute video call with our founder.
What we have to offer
- ±£65,000-£70,000 base salary depending on skills and experience
- Meaningful Equity Shares
- £1,000 annual training budget
- Private Health Care with Vitality
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Mental wellbeing support: access therapy and mental health sessions through Spill
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays
- Regular Lunch and Learns
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- £300 yearly BEAM contributions on your behalf
- Flexible and hybrid working available
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and our external handbook for candidates in order to get a good overview of Generation Home.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
We want everyone to become a homeowner. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team. We are looking for talented individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We believe that we can all do the best work of our lives when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.