Getsafe is one of the fastest growing tech companies in Europe. Through our app, we offer digital insurance and protect people and everything that is important to them, so that they can live freely and self-determined – regardless of who they are and how they live.
Our team has over 150 colleagues from more than 30 nations. To help us continue our growth, we are looking for talents who think entrepreneurially and share our values: we grow together, can rely on each other and turn opportunities into successes. With $115 million raised to date and serving over 250,000 customers, we are one of Europe’s top 10 funded insurtechs. We have offices in Berlin, Heidelberg and London.
Location: Onsite in Berlin or Heidelberg. Remote in Germany.
Getsafe has been growing rapidly and our infrastructure with it. We're proud of the systems we've built so far, but we want to bring in strong technical leaders to help us accelerate in our next phase of growth.
Your role and the impact you'll have:
- Be a key leader in architecting and implementing the future of our core insurance systems, allowing us to more rapidly build and iterate our insurance products. Be a critical part of making it possible for us to effectively scale our products into more countries
- Mentor and work with other engineers to implement these solutions
- Work closely with product managers to understand our short and long-term goals and make sure other engineers are making the right technical decisions to achieve them.
- Hold yourself and the team to high technical standards
- Continually figure out ways to leverage our technology for bigger impact
Technologies you'll work with:
- Distributed architecture of 8+ independent RESTful services
- Ruby on Rails (if you don’t already work with it, you can learn it on the job)
- PostgreSQL, Kafka, Sidekiq, Redis
- Heroku and AWS
- Our open source Ruby gems
- 6+ years experience in backend development working on complex distributed systems, including micro-services and different database technologies.
- You have advanced knowledge of Ruby/Rails or a similar language (Python, Perl, PHP, JS, Elixir, etc), but are always on the lookout for new technologies and programming languages we should take advantage of.
- A strong interest in learning and keeping up with industry standards. You don't need to be an expert in everything, but if there's a problem we need to solve, we expect you to be able to do the deep research to figure out how we need to solve it.
- You can distill a complex problem into multiple parts and clearly communicate your technical vision to the team
Perks & Benefits:
- Environment based on trust - Flex working hours and location (home office option)
- Modern centric offices in Berlin, Heidelberg and London
- Employee participation program in the form of VSOPs
- Individual development budget
- Getsafe insurance voucher for the policy of your choice
- German and English language courses
- Your choice of hardware
- Regular team events
Interested? Let’s chat!
Meet your team:
Anthony Mayer #engVP #programmer4life #petobsessed #naturelover
Andreas Robecke #creator #dreamer #oceanlover #averagejoe
Raphael Kallensee #softwaredeveloper #bicycles #electronicmusic #hi
Igor Yamov #softwareengineer #mountainbiker #designlover
Akihiko Ito #martialartist #catloverallergic2cats #japanese #homecook
Lütfi Demirci #coffeeenthusiast #technolover #discodancer #onemonthearly
Bobby Ung #badminton #gastronomylover #french #life4cooking
Sebastian Golbert #creative #boardgames #topchef #relax
Illia Kaplaushenko #frontend #traveler #ukrainian #football
Jorge Villalobos #frontend #mexiCAN