Getsafe is a digital insurance company that creates a better insurance experience for everyone. Powered by its unique technological platform, Getsafe makes insurance simple, fair and accessible. As Getsafe replaces complexity and manual paperwork with smart bots and automation, customers can file claims or change their coverage in real time with just a few clicks.
Since launching in Germany in 2018, Getsafe has become one of the best-rated insurtechs in Europe, serving over 400,000 customers. After having started its UK operations in 2020, expanding to Austria in 2022, and entering the French market this year, Getsafe is looking to expand further in order to serve even more European markets. Headquartered in Heidelberg, Germany, with offices in London and Berlin, the company employs more than 250 people. In 2021, Getsafe received its insurance license from Germany’s financial regulator, BaFin. With €120 million raised to date, it is one of Europe’s top 10 funded insurtechs.
At Getsafe we believe in agile working methods: You can work remotely within Germany or the UK.
Getsafe is working on building the radically best insurance for first-time insurance buyers through technology and a great customer experience. We have 400k (and growing) happy customers using our app and services. We’re looking for a Senior Frontend Developer to join our growing engineering team to work on customer facing features focused in our mobile and web apps.
- You will join a squad of 3-4 engineers. Along with the rest of the engineering team, you'll work with our product and UX teams to design and develop new features and experiences in our app to help customers understand their insurance needs and get the personalized coverage they want
- Make our app scale better across many insurance products and markets, including working on building out our server-driven UI infrastructure
- Work smarter, not harder. Build solutions that enable us to move faster as we scale and not build 1-offs
- Iterate quickly towards the best solutions for our customers and business while writing high quality code
- Take ownership and be a leader in the team of best practices and push our technology forward along with supporting more junior members of the team
- Ability to write well-formatted, structured, and clean code that interacts with backend technologies
- 3+ years of React experience and a solid understanding of how it works
- It's nice if you have some React Native experience but it's NOT a requirement. You need to be interested about learning it and excited to working on our mobile app
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to self-organize your workday
- Ability to distill a complex problem into its essential elements and clearly communicate your vision to the team
- Responsibility for high-quality and reliable code along with knowledge of what to test and how to test it, not only in your squad but across squads as well
- Hands-on mentality paired with team spirit and willingness to learn
- React, React Native, Redux and Styled Components
- Node.js backend for frontend
- CircleCI, Cypress, Detox, Jest
- Next.js and Sanity.io
- REST APIs powered by Ruby on Rails (you won’t work on them, but will interact with them)
PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Remote, hybrid or office? The decision is yours! Work where and how you want in Germany or UK. Our modern offices are centrally located in Berlin, Heidelberg and London
- Workation? Enjoy the possibility to work up to 90 days abroad in the EU
- Participate in our employee stock ownership program and secure your company shares (VSOPs)
- Grow with us and use your personal Getsafe budget for personal and professional development
- Use the Getsafe insurance voucher for the product of your choice
- Learn up to 14 different languages with your personal Babbel account
- Apple or Microsoft? Choose your individual hardware
- Celebrate with us! Regular team events (summer party, Christmas party, hackathon, etc.)
OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS:
- Intro chat with a Talent Acquisition Partner
- Take-home task
- Tech deep dive session
- Final interview with a manager and Co-Founder
MEET YOUR TEAM:
Aarohi Ajgaonkar #travellingfoodie #tryingtoadult #workinprogress
Bobby Ung #badminton #gastronomylover #life4cooking
Illia Kaplaushenko #traveler #ukrainian #football
Interested? Let's Chat!