👉 Note: this role is opportunistic, meaning we aren't actively hiring for it right now, but if we think we might have an opportunity that matches your experience, we'll reach out to you.but if we think we might have an opportunity that matches your skills, we'll reach out to you.
We are always looking for Strategic Projects candidates with a getting-things-done mentality and experience in fast paced environments to work closely with our Chief of Staff for the CEO office or with other leaders for cross-functional projects.
What you might do in a role like this
- Incubate new roles within our growing organization
- Anticipate and respond to novel demands by setting up new initiatives
- Manage multiple projects and tasks in parallel, often from various areas and help us focus on the most important ones
- Improve processes with a detailed eye and identify operational and structural opportunities for change
Here is an example of a 30/60/90 plan which we'd want you to shape with us during the interview process.
What we might need for a role like this
🔍 Highly capable generalist
As a jack of all trades, you’re not expected to be an expert, but to embrace the learning opportunities, quickly understand what’s required, apply structure and execute against the goal.
🏃♀️ Proactive and eager to learn
We do not expect that you have already 'seen it all' but possess a high-level of proactivity and willingness to learn, ownership and a get-stuff-done mentality.
👯♀️ People and processes
You’ve got strong stakeholder management skills, ideally with an executive / founding team and experience in driving organizational change and managing ambiguous projects
💡 Connect the dots
You’ll gain deep insights into many parts of the company - your ability to see things that others might not enables you to come up with and drive initiatives end to end with little structure or guidance
🐍 Data driven decision making
You might not be a data scientist but numbers are your friend and a regular in your analytical and problem solving toolkit. You don’t lose yourself in details and know what level of insights is needed in order to drive decisions forward.
🍊 Share our values
We aim for a frictionless experience when interacting with our product, our company, and our brand: no hurdles, no BS, and no unnecessary extra steps. We are open-minded, inclusive, transparent, and curious. We always remain students, not masters of the game. We have opinions but are not opinionated. We integrate, don't dictate.
- Gitpod for development
- GitHub for issue tracking and as git hoster
- Slack for communication
- Figma for design
- Notion as our virtual HQ
- Pitch for slides
- Loom for screencasts
🏕 Fully remote, flexible work day
📅 Flexible paid time off including holidays that are most meaningful to you
🧡 Parental leave for all parents
✈️ Regular company off-sites
😊 Monthly mental and physical health stipend
📚 Monthly educational budget
🩺 Health insurance (country dependent)
💻 Premium work-from-home equipment
We are fully remote - so is our hiring process. We value written and async communication, building relationships, and ensuring that people’s strengths align with the responsibility of their role. This process is designed to showcase and evaluate these topics and give you the opportunity to see how we work at Gitpod.
- Stage 1: Submit your application - The more information you give us, the better. We’ll review your submission and will reach out to you if your strengths and experience are aligned with what we are looking for.
- Stage 2: Asynchronous questions - We’ll send you a few questions to get to know you and learn more about what excites you about Gitpod. You’ll also have a chance to share more about your strengths and experience and demonstrate your ability to work asynchronously.
- Stage 3: Challenge - We are building Gitpod in the open, so we are interested in how you would tackle solving some of the challenges we are currently solving. We are conscious of your time and will come to a decision quickly.
- Stage 4: Interviews - You’ll have the chance to meet the people you’ll work closest with, learn more about the work, and review your completed challenge. This step is designed to ask you questions and give you the space to do the same.
- Stage 5: References - We like to hear from people you’ve worked with in the past before we move to the offer stage.
- Stage 6: Offer - Join Gitpod 🍾