We're seeking a growth project lead to join our team. In this role, you will work closely with our Go-to-market lead to analyze our channels, track success metrics and implement different growth initiatives.
Working at Gitpod
Our purpose is to remove all friction from the developer experience to be always ready-to-code and make software engineering more collaborative, joyful, and secure. Gitpod enables remote development without friction through automated, cloud-based developer environments that are radically changing the way developers work. Read more about why that matters.
We are a highly-motivated, fully-remote team, organized in a flat hierarchy, and led by technical founders, funded by leading VCs like General Catalyst. We celebrate diversity and strive for an equal, inclusive, empathetic and welcoming environment.
What you'll do
- Map and improve our user acquisition funnel end-to-end. Understand how developers discover and learn about Gitpod. Track the different modes of using our product. Collaborate with our analytics team to determine, track, and optimize conversion success metrics.
- Sketch and implement website changes to drive growth. Run growth experiments on our website. Collaborate with our product marketing experts to hone messaging and work with our designers and engineers to implement changes quickly. Get new landing pages up and running in a day.
- As you solve the first challenges and get comfortable in the role at Gitpod, the scope can broaden to cover additional growth channels and different projects.
What we need
🏃♀️ Endlessly curious and ambitious
We do not expect that you have done this job before. You possess a high level of proactivity and willingness to learn, extreme ownership, and a get-stuff-done mentality. You have a bias to action and are not afraid of getting your hands dirty.
🗒️ Highly structured and autonomous
You are highly organized and have the ability to take a complex, ambiguous problem and break it down into manageable parts. You are excellent at note-taking and written communication. You drive projects autonomously involving others to support you whenever needed.
🐍 Work well with data
You might not be a data scientist but numbers are your friend and a regular in your analytical and problem-solving kit. You know what level of insights is needed in order to drive decisions forward. You quickly get a handle on new tools in your work.
✍️ Creative Mind
You like to research, collect, synthesize and create. You're not afraid of sketching a landing page or writing a call-to-action. You come up with new ideas and like to look left and right for better ways of doing things.
🍊Share our values
We aim for a frictionless experience when interacting with our product, our company, and our brand: no hurdles, no BS, and no unnecessary extra steps. We are open-minded, inclusive, transparent, and curious. We always remain students, not masters of the game. We have opinions but are not opinionated. We integrate, don't dictate.
👉 Note: Ideally, you are curious about technology and enjoy working with new tools. However, you don't need a background in software engineering or computer science to be super successful in this role!
- Notion as our virtual HQ
- Slack for communication
- Figma for design
- Google Workspace
- GitHub for issue tracking and as git hoster
- Google ads, analytics, and cloud
- Pitch for slides
- Loom for screencasts
🏕 Fully remote, flexible work day
📅 Flexible paid time off including holidays that are most meaningful to you
🧡 Parental leave for all parents
✈️ Regular company off-sites
😊 Monthly mental and physical health stipend
📚 Monthly educational budget
🩺 Health insurance (country dependent)
💻 Premium work-from-home equipment
We are fully remote - so is our hiring process. We value written and async communication, building relationships, and ensuring that people’s strengths align with the responsibility of their role. This process is designed to showcase and evaluate these topics and give you the opportunity to see how we work at Gitpod.
- Stage 1: Submit your application - The more information you give us, the better. We’ll review your submission and will reach out to you if your strengths and experience are aligned with what we are looking for.
- Stage 2: Asynchronous questions - We’ll send you a few questions to get to know you and learn more about what excites you about Gitpod. You’ll also have a chance to share more about your strengths and experience and demonstrate your ability to work asynchronously.
- Stage 3: Challenge - We are building Gitpod in the open, so we are interested in how you would tackle solving some of the challenges we are currently solving. We are conscious of your time and will come to a decision quickly.
- Stage 4: Interviews - You’ll have the chance to meet the people you’ll work closest with, learn more about the work, and review your completed challenge. This step is designed to ask you questions and give you the space to do the same.
- Stage 5: References - We like to hear from people you’ve worked with in the past before we move to the offer stage.
- Stage 6: Offer - Join Gitpod 🍾