We're seeking a part-time (10 hours/week) Finance Associate to join our team to support with finance and administrative tasks. In this role, you will report to our Head of Finance and Operations and our Office Manager, working to complete tasks related to data and accounts payable/receivable.
Working at Gitpod
Our purpose is to remove all friction from the developer experience to be always ready-to-code and make software engineering more collaborative, joyful, and secure. Gitpod enables remote development without friction through automated, cloud-based developer environments that are radically changing the way developers work. Read more about why that matters.
We are a highly-motivated, fully-remote team, organized in a flat hierarchy, and led by technical founders, funded by leading VCs like General Catalyst. We celebrate diversity and strive for an equal, inclusive, empathetic and welcoming environment.
What you'll do
- Own accounts payable/receivable and ensure all invoices are paid on time
- Maintain investor reporting related to expenses
- Ensure all data is kept up-to-date within our systems
- Manage internal expenses including travel and employee reimbursement
- Generally support the Finance and Operations team with administrative tasks
What we need
🔍 Attention to detail
You deeply care for data accuracy at all levels - from raw data to executive summaries. You exhibit a strong intuition for data and are eager to jump into the details to confirm or correct mistakes.
🐍 Numbers driven
Numbers are your friend and a regular in your analytical and problem solving toolkit. You comfortably collect, transform, and interpret numbers to derive recommendations. You know what level of insight is needed in order to drive decisions forward and measure success.
⏳ Excel under tight deadlines
You keep your cool in the context of ever looming deadlines. You embrace the intensity of and are your best version in the face of deadlines. A tight schedule helps you focus and set the right priorities to ship compliantly and on time.
🧑🚀 Manager of one
As a manager of one, you derive your own daily goals from your general responsibilities and execute them. You don’t need nor desire heavy direction and daily check-ins. You set the tone, assign items, and determine what needs to get done by and for yourself.
🍊Share our values
We aim for a frictionless experience when interacting with our product, our company, and our brand: no hurdles, no BS, and no unnecessary extra steps. We are open-minded, inclusive, transparent, and curious. We always remain students, not masters of the game. We have opinions but are not opinionated. We integrate, don't dictate.
- Gitpod for development
- GitHub for issue tracking and as git hoster
- Slack for communication
- Figma for design
- Notion as our virtual HQ
- Pitch for slides
- Loom for screencasts
- Greenhouse for hiring
🏕 Fully remote, flexible work day
📅 Flexible paid time off including holidays that are most meaningful to you
🌍 High-growth startup experience with a globally distributed team
We are fully remote - so is our hiring process. We value written and async communication, building relationships, and ensuring that people’s strengths align with the responsibility of their role. This process is designed to showcase and evaluate these topics and give you the opportunity to see how we work at Gitpod.
- Stage 1: Submit your application - The more information you give us, the better. We’ll review your submission and will reach out to you if your strengths and experience are aligned with what we are looking for.
- Stage 2: Asynchronous questions - We’ll send you a few questions to get to know you and learn more about what excites you about Gitpod. You’ll also have a chance to share more about your strengths and experience and demonstrate your ability to work asynchronously.
- Stage 3: Challenge - We are building Gitpod in the open, so we are interested in how you would tackle solving some of the challenges we are currently solving. We are conscious of your time and will come to a decision quickly.
- Stage 4: Interviews - You’ll have the chance to meet the people you’ll work closest with, learn more about the work, and review your completed challenge. This step is designed to ask you questions and give you the space to do the same.
- Stage 5: References - We like to hear from people you’ve worked with in the past before we move to the offer stage.
- Stage 6: Offer - Join Gitpod 🍾