👉 Note: this role is opportunistic, meaning we aren't actively hiring for it right now, but if we think we might have an opportunity that matches your experience, we'll reach out to you.
We are always looking for great people with a getting-things-done mentality and experience in fast paced environments. If you don't see a role that matches your skills and experience, send us your info through this role.
Working at Gitpod
Our purpose is to remove all friction from the developer experience to be always ready-to-code and make software engineering more collaborative, joyful, and secure. Gitpod enables remote development without friction through automated, cloud-based developer environments that are radically changing the way developers work. Read more about why that matters.
We are a highly-motivated, fully-remote team, organized in a flat hierarchy, and led by technical founders, funded by leading VCs like General Catalyst. We celebrate diversity and strive for an equal, inclusive, empathetic and welcoming environment.
What we need
🔎 You’re either a highly capable generalist or an expert in a specific field
You embrace learning opportunities, quickly understand what’s required, apply structure, and execute against the goal.
🏃♀️ Proactive and eager to learn
We do not expect that you have already 'seen it all,' but possess a high-level of proactivity and willingness to learn and a get-stuff-done mentality.
🐍 Data driven decision making
Numbers are your friend and you uses them regularly in your analytical and problem solving toolkit. You don’t lose yourself in details and know what level of insight is needed in order to drive decisions forward.
🗣 You are a good communicator
We work remote and our users are remote, too. You value writing and express yourself concisely. You may hold strong opinions, but you are not ideological. You communicate thoughtfully, always assume others speak in good faith, aim to understand opposing perspectives, and compromise when needed.
🍊 Share our values
We aim for a frictionless experience when interacting with our product, our company, and our brand: no hurdles, no BS, and no unnecessary extra steps. We are open-minded, inclusive, transparent, and curious. We always remain students, not masters of the game. We have opinions but are not opinionated. We integrate, don't dictate.
- Services are written in Go and TypeScript (Node.JS), while all things frontend are React and TypeScript
- We communicate using gRPC, RabbitMQ and JSON-RPC
- Gitpod for development
- GitHub for issue tracking and as git hoster
- Slack for communication
- Figma for design
- Notion as our virtual HQ
- Pitch for slides
- Loom for screencasts
🏕 Fully remote, flexible work day
📅 Flexible paid time off including holidays that are most meaningful to you
🧡 Parental leave for all parents
✈️ Regular company off-sites
😊 Monthly mental and physical health stipend
📚 Monthly educational budget
🩺 Health insurance (country dependent)
💻 Premium work-from-home equipment
We are fully remote - so is our hiring process. We value written and async communication, building relationships, and ensuring that people’s strengths align with the responsibility of their role. This process is designed to showcase and evaluate these topics and give you the opportunity to see how we work at Gitpod.
- Stage 1: Submit your application - The more information you give us, the better. We’ll review your submission and will reach out to you if your strengths and experience are aligned with what we are looking for.
- Stage 2: Asynchronous questions - We’ll send you a few questions to get to know you and learn more about what excites you about Gitpod. You’ll also have a chance to share more about your strengths and experience and demonstrate your ability to work asynchronously.
- Stage 3: Challenge - We are building Gitpod in the open, so we are interested in how you would tackle solving some of the challenges we are currently solving. We are conscious of your time and will come to a decision quickly.
- Stage 4: Interviews - You’ll have the chance to meet the people you’ll work closest with, learn more about the work, and review your completed challenge. This step is designed to ask you questions and give you the space to do the same.
- Stage 5: References - We like to hear from people you’ve worked with in the past before we move to the offer stage.
- Stage 6: Offer - Join Gitpod 🍾