Who we are
We are GoSpooky. An incredibly fast-moving bunch of unconventional storytellers, social media superstars and slam-dunking creatives.e know all things internet culture and create scroll-stopping content people actually want to share. One thing we all have in common: we’re always on the lookout for attention.
So here’s the thing. We’re constantly on the hunt for like-minded talent – folks that live for inventing and executing awesome ideas. We need people who aren’t afraid to try new things, the ones who spot a new feature in the morning and have it implemented by the afternoon. We love passionate designers and video creators, disruptive artists and illustrators, and people who can shake up social media. And we don’t care if you’re just out of school or have years of experience.
So, wanna join us?
As a Senior Creative Developer (AR), you will work on interactive demos and develop full-blown AR masterpieces. Your day-to-day will consist of balancing on the cutting edge of AR development for mobile. You will closely collaborate with our 2D & 3D (concepting) artists and claim your part in our AR production pipeline. You will contribute to the conceptual development of our projects, taking a creative approach whilst understanding the technical constraints of the medium. You may even call yourself a Technical Artist if you like.
Our team consists of highly talented and ambitious individuals who come together to create innovative experiences for clients like Snapchat, DIOR, ComplexCon, G-Star RAW, The Design Museum London and many more. We work in small ambitious teams to create high-end experiences in just a few weeks of production time. In our down time we take our ambitions one step further in R&D without client project restraints.
You as Senior Creative Developer (AR)...
- Are a highly motivated Creative Developer and AR enthusiast with a portfolio demonstrating your ability to make beautiful things in real-time.
- You have reactive coding skills to use in Spark AR.
- Coding game systems and balanced structures are a no-brainer for you.
- Are a pro at animations, visual effects and generative graphics through code.
- Have proven experience creating AR game concepts.
- Know some of the basics of 3D asset creation (Maya, Blender, C4D or anything similar).
- Are familiar with the Physically Based Rendering approach to 3D graphics and you might even know some Substance Painter tricks.
- Have good control over common and obscure audio, video, vector and 3D file formats.
- Adobe Creative suite has no secrets for you anymore and you're an expert in Photoshop & Illustrator.
Whether you’re a self-taught Lens Creator or a seasoned Game Developer, if you have the skills to make those crazy ideas in your head come to life, we’d love to meet you. Plus, even if you feel you don't check every box, that's ok. We like people who are a bit out of the box so go ahead and apply!
The aces up your sleeve
- Experience working on video game development in Unreal, Unity or similar engines.
- Expertise in 3D content creation (modelling, texturing, rigging and/or animating).
- You have a weird hobby nobody has ever heard of, but is instantly mesmerised by.
- You don't mind jabbering on for hours about immersive media (and an occasional obscure technical paper).
Perks, perks, perks!
- A great salary and working with an amazing team
- Flexible number of holidays - you can take your rest when it is needed
- Weekly boot camp in our own amazing garden!
- We have a boat, we use it, we love it
- Friday drinks, or whenever we have something to celebrate
- and much more...
Apply for the job
So do you want to join our team? Then we'd love to hear about you!
Please note a valid EU work permit is required for this role.
GoSpooky is an equal opportunities employer. Our hiring decisions are based on objective measures and we will not discriminate against any aspect of your identity. We believe that a diverse team is crucial to our collective success and value an inclusive culture where everyone can make their impact and bring their true unique selves to work.