Who we are
We are GoSpooky. An incredibly fast-moving bunch of unconventional storytellers, social media superstars and slam-dunking creatives.e know all things internet culture and create scroll-stopping content people actually want to share. One thing we all have in common: we’re always on the lookout for attention.
So here’s the thing. We’re constantly on the hunt for like-minded talent – folks that live for inventing and executing awesome ideas. We need people who aren’t afraid to try new things, the ones who spot a new feature in the morning and have it implemented by the afternoon. We love passionate designers and video creators, disruptive artists and illustrators, and people who can shake up social media. And we don’t care if you’re just out of school or have years of experience.
So, wanna join us?
You will be responsible for inspiring our clients and leading our AR team. Our team consists of highly talented and ambitious individuals who come together to create innovative experiences for clients like Snapchat, DIOR, ComplexCon, G-Star RAW, The Design Museum London and many more. We work in small ambitious teams to create high-end experiences in just a few weeks of production time. In our down time we take our ambitions one step further in R&D without client project restraints. As the Design Lead you are ultimately responsible for acting as the gatekeeper for quality when it comes to user experience and art style/direction on all our production, with a hands-on role in high end projects. Your role will be client-facing and you will build effective and supportive relationships with our A-brand clients as the face of the team. You will be responsible for protecting elements of the the brief (scope, budget, etc) and setting direction as the owner of the story. On top of the technical stuff, you will act as an inspiring and skilled leader, building and guiding the AR team to reach new heights.
You as Design Lead...
- Have a background in XR or Gaming
- Are experienced in art direction of interactive content
- Are killed with Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects
- Know how to work with one of these prototype tools: Figma, Adobe XD or similar
- Have broad general knowledge of 3D asset creation workflow: modelling/texturing/rigging/animation.
- Know how to manage a team
- Have experience training and mentoring juniors and mediors
- Have a deep understanding of the design process
- Are a mulitasker who can oversee multiple people, in multiple projects with different priorities
- Have presentation skills/public speaking
And if you have these, it's a bonus!
- Hiring experience
- Experience in AR
- Strategic planning
- Deck building in Google Slides
- Experience in casual gaming or short form experiences
- Experience in shipping games
Perks, perks, perks!
- A great salary and working with an amazing team
- Flexible number of holidays - you can take your rest when it is needed
- Weekly boot camp in our own amazing garden!
- We have a boat, we use it, we love it
- Friday drinks, or whenever we have something to celebrate
- and much more...
Apply for the job
So do you want to join our team? Then we'd love to hear about you!
Please note a valid EU work permit is required for this role.
GoSpooky is an equal opportunities employer. Our hiring decisions are based on objective measures and we will not discriminate against any aspect of your identity. We believe that a diverse team is crucial to our collective success and value an inclusive culture where everyone can make their impact and bring their true unique selves to work.