About Gravity Sketch
Our team is on a mission to revolutionise the way we bring ideas to life and fundamentally change the way 3D design is done today. We help design teams to create and communicate 3D ideas in the quickest and most intuitive way possible. We've developed the first end-to-end 3D design platform that allows teams to carry out work from the early phases of the design process all the way through to hand-off for productionisation. The tools we have developed are changing the way companies across automotive, industrial design, and entertainment industries carry out their day-to-day work. The platform is helping teams deliver more creative outputs, foster better collaboration, and compress products' time to market resulting in a much more sustainable product development process. The platform offers VR, tablet, and web-based applications allowing users to bring the tools seamlessly into their workflow. Cross-discipline teams at companies such as Ford Motor Company and Adidas depend on the platform to collaborate and deliver world-class products both physical and digital. Being highly skilled in the use of Gravity Sketch is important for new hires in industry leaders such as Adidas/Yeezy, sitting alongside tools like Adobe’s Photoshop.
- Just closed an $33m Series A round led by Accel and GV, with some exciting angels joining such as Tony Fadell (inventor of the iPod and iPhone), Will Smith (Dreamers VC), Kevin Durant and Rich Kleiman (Thirty Five Ventures), Soleio (famed as the “Like button” designer) and Paul Robson (Adobe’s Head of International)
- We have 4x our revenue and 5x our user base in the last year
- ~1.5 million app downloads (most of which was in the last 18 months)
Our Team & Culture
We’re a lean but ambitious team of ~85 spread across the globe (UK, Europe & North America). We may be geographically spread out, but we’re tied by our mission to radically change how teams communicate ideas spatially and expressively from anywhere.
Our focus is on output and getting the work done, not counting the hours you work. We appreciate that everyone has their own optimum setup, and so provide flexibility in terms of when and where you get work done.
Impact, ownership and being part of our team on a mission are at the heart of our culture. We encourage everyone to experiment, bring new ideas to the table, and challenge one another in order to arrive at the best solutions for our users. Trust is another fundamental, which is echoed through autonomy of our work. We rely on each other to be resourceful, make decisions quickly, give honest feedback, ask for help, or do whatever needs to be done in order to make a positive impact on the team, users, or business.
We are all learning as we build this business and find that with each new addition to the team our ambition grows. We look for teammates that wish to grow with us on the journey; we value individuals with a curiosity to learn and eagerness to take initiative, following through on the work we initiate. Innovation day takes place every month, creating space to focus on an innovative passion project (something that would be cool for users).
We work hard, and know how to have fun too; with company trips, socials, sports, gaming sessions and more. We welcome you to share your hobbies with the team so we can all try something new!
The Education Training Specialist will work with some of the top design universities in the world to develop a training methodology that allows them to achieve value quickly. You will inspire educators to bring Gravity Sketch into the school’s curriculum, and ultimately the students’ professional workflows when they enter industry. You will work closely with professors and students to gain a deep understanding of their varied workflows and how Gravity Sketch could bring an innovative approach to their design challenges. We are looking for someone creative to bring big ideas to the table that will drive our Education Program to the next level. This role is crucial to achieving our vision of disrupting the design process in a positive way, and you will be part of the early team who builds out this proposition from the ground up. It’s an exciting period to join the company - we have recently grown by over 3X in 2021 and we expect similar growth in 2022. Now is the time to hop onboard.
What you will do:
- University consulting, training and engagement
- Dig in deep with our partners to understand their current workflow, how Gravity Sketch can help, the different users’ needs and what type of support will be needed
- Use your expertise to own the creation and execution of the methodology and curriculum for how to best onboard and support our students throughout their journeys
- Own training engagements: you will be driving users success depending on what is needed from the school
- Identify, create and organise the resources needed to support our schools depending on where they are in their journey, including documentation and workflow videos
- Monitor and manage success metrics in tableau to identify where schools are succeeding and where there are areas of opportunities
- Research and deeply understand Gravity Sketch and other software used in the design workflow - their use cases, designer pain points, value propositions.
- Become proficient in our customer’s design workflows (Footwear and Automotive to start) and how Gravity Sketch can provide value to those workflows.
- Knowledge of software in key design workflows (Gravity Sketch, CAD, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.) and/or auto/ID/Footwear focused design degree
- Organisation: Excellent structure and organisation, with strong attention to detail
- Self-driven: Able to hit the ground running and execute quickly once we have aligned on a plan. Self-driven to learn, to set targets, and able to work under limited supervision
- Passion and curiosity: Avid interest in VR, design and understanding how different products are made, curious personality and enjoys digging deep to understand and solve a problem
- Grit: Positive attitude, and strong team working skills and hungry for success, not afraid to roll up sleeves and help out wherever needed
- People-oriented: Excellent communicator - both written and verbal in English, Great listening and relationship building skills
What we offer
- Uncapped holidays: Startup world is busy, we encourage taking time off to recharge and rest.
- Flexible working: we appreciate that everyone has their optimum setup and things to work around in life. We would support remote and hybrid working as well as varying hours.
- £50/ month personal wellbeing budget
- Private healthcare
- £1,000 personal budget per year for professional development. You will learn a lot here but there may be more want or need. With this budget, we aim to support you in your career growth.
- Team lunch Wednesdays: out together in person, or virtually with food delivery credit.
- Socials, ski trips & a biannual global meet up: we are passionate about bringing everyone together whenever we can, this helps build tighter bonds and alignment.
- Enhanced parental leave policy (maternity and paternity)
- Cyclescheme & Techscheme
- Chance to work at a fast growing start-up changing how the products of the future are designed, and exposure to a transparent startup journey
- Real work ownership - you drive your own initiatives and have an opportunity to take your work all the way through to launch.
- Opportunity to work with some of the world’s leading design companies
- Transparent insight into the startup journey, plus unparalleled learning if you’re up for the challenge!
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, background, and nationality.