Who we are
We are building Helsing to keep our democracies from harm. We believe that software – and artificial intelligence in particular – will be the key capability to do just that. Our mission is to attract Europe’s best mission-driven tech talent and apply their capabilities to some of the most complex problems in defence technology.
We are looking for people with their heart in the right place, who share our conviction that our democratic values are worth protecting, for ourselves and for future generations. We are a diverse team of software engineers, deep learning specialists and customer-facing programme managers, working on some of the most challenging problems in the defence space.
We care about our work and mission, and we welcome open and transparent discussions about the use of AI, its benefits and its ethical implications.
The impact you will make
Focusing on assurance of AI, you will be responsible for shaping Helsing’s vision of assurance and certification of AI-heavy software products.
Assurance of AI is critical for defence applications. We cannot deploy AI at scale until we have robust, effective assurance processes; and definition of good processes will give significant speed and quality advantages in AI development for defence.
Helsing is at the forefront of research and development for AI in defence. As a result, we need to be thought leaders in AI assurance.
What you will work on
You will be holding the pen on Helsing’s vision of AI assurance. You will collaborate with many functions at Helsing, as well as partners in industry and academia. You will establish the concepts and principles around which Helsing and others can build successful assurance programs, paving the way for large scale deployment of AI in defence.
Who we are looking for
Note: The following bullet points describe one version of our dream candidate. We very much encourage you to apply even if you believe you meet only part of our wish list.
- A strong interest in technology policy in general, and AI assurance in particular
- An solid understanding of the technology involved in AI – you might not be able to build the models, but you know in detail how they work
- A collaborative approach to developing a policy framework, drawing on the best ideas from a wide range of disciplines
- Structured thinking and high quality written expression
- Personal values which match ours: ownership, initiative, dedication to mission, speed and inclusiveness
- There is no other company like Helsing: we are at a pivotal stage in our journey, with a unique level of funding, and a unique level of ambition
- Work alongside and learn from world-class AI researchers, software engineers and domain experts. Our team combines excellence with dedication to our mission
- Be part of, and build, the foundational culture of the most important deep-tech company in Europe
- Have an enormous impact on some of the most important geopolitical problems, with an ethics-first approach. We regularly host company-wide fireside chats on key global issues and ethics debates
- Be part of a transparent, friendly and outcome-driven culture where trust, respect, recognition and autonomy are at the forefront of everything that we do
What we offer
- The chance to work in an innovative organisation focused on protecting our democracies and future generations
- The opportunity to drive impact in a fast-growing company with mission-orientated colleagues
- Diverse, collaborative and focused teams located in Munich, Berlin, London and Paris
- Flexible working hours
- Supportive team structures and regular feedback
- Regular company events to bring together all staff as one unit across Europe
- Competitive compensation and stock options
Helsing is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or gender identity. Please do not submit personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, data concerning your health, or data concerning your sexual orientation.
Helsing's Candidate Privacy and Confidentiality Regime can be found here.